Character Interview Ft. Brent and Liam



This is going to be a very interesting post because I never spent a lot of time on developing either of these characters. I never got around to working on Liam, since he is a minor character and I spent most of my time developing the two main characters, Kace and Lily. And Brent was supposed to be left alone and ignored until after Liam and other more important minor characters were done. But whoops. He just kind of...shoved his way in.

I DIDN'T MEAN FOR THIS TO HAPPEN. ONE MINUTE KACE CLIMBING TALL BUILDINGS AND LILY IS FLYING AFTER HER SCREAMING "STUPID. DID YOU FORGET THAT I AM THE ONE THAT CAN FLY AND YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS APPARENTLY GOING TO DIE OF A BROKEN NECK?"

AND THE NEXT BRENT WAS SITTING THERE EATING A MUFFIN LIKE, "S'UP?"







Brent: *walks into the room and looks around*
Liam: *is already sitting in a chair and looks up from his phone and nods once* Hey. Are you the author?
Brent: No, I was just going to ask you the same thing. You here for the interview?
*door bangs open*
Me: *rushes in looking very frazzled and muttering about school and stress and secret projects*
Me: *notices the two boys sitting there starring at me
Liam: *leans over to Brent* Do you think she could be...
Brent: *whispers back* No way. The author is always on top of everything
Me: *is starring at them*
Me: *blinks*
Me: ...
Me: NOOOOO. I HAD A CHARACTER INTERVIEW POST TO WRITE AND PUBLISH?
Me: *frantically starts paging through the clipboard, sending papers flying everywhere and spilling my cup of coffee*
Liam: OH NO SHE IS
Brent: *stares in horror* Maybe we should be glad that she's not working on our story
Liam: She's not?!?
Liam: I mean, I'm not complaining. She seems like she's about one project short of spontaneous combustion, but what project is she working on?
Brent: I think it's a secret? I honestly have no idea...
Me: *is sitting on the floor rocking back and forth muttering about where my pencil sharpener went and whether someone 'pinched it'*
Brent: Maybe we should...try and run the interview?
Liam: Yeah that's probably a good idea...How is everything going on your side of the story?
Brent: It's pretty good. Kind of crazy, but life's better when it's interesting, you know?
Liam: Oh that's right. You have Kace running around in your side of the story.
Brent: Yep. Though technically I suppose it's Kace's side of the story... She's cool though. Bakes a lot. Kind of crazy. Cute.

Kace: *appears in the window behind them, glares at the back of Brent's head and draws her finger across her throat in the universal YOU. ARE. DEAD. gesture*
Lily: *appears behind Kace, grabs her and flys away with her kicking and thrashing friend*
Brent: *turns around and looks out the window at the beautiful summer day*
Brent: What about you?
Liam: Same old, same old. The author hasn't even gotten to my character yet so I'm just kind of...a random blob character, which is interesting. I mean, she did do a TON of character development and stuff, but she never got around to writing it so I don't really know what's going on with me.
Brent: Oof. That's rough
Me: *has gotten through the moment of pure stress, gotten my life in order again and is back to work* So what we're going to do is postpone this interview until a later date! Given how far back everything is scheduled it may be over six months before I can fit you guys in again, but I'll see what I can do! Feel free to grab some coffee and pastries on the way out!
Brent and Liam: *leave*
Me: *laughs* Whoo! I'm glad that wasn't recorded! What a mess!
Camera recording light: *continues to blink red*






Comments

  1. LOL, this is SOOO YOU. Perfect interview, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short bursts of overwork and insanity and then I somehow manage to pull myself together and end on a good note?
      Or the insane rocking and muttering? ;)

      Delete
  2. THIS IS SOO GREAT XD

    "She seems like she's about one project short of spontaneous combustion" HA. I FEEL CALLED OUT.

    I can't wait to hear more from these boys! They sound amusing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I LOVE that line too! (Also the one where Liam just says "OH NO. SHE IS!")

      Thank you!!!

      Delete
  3. LIAM MY BABY!!!!! HE IS SO PRECIOUS AND HARM BETTER NOT BEFALL HIM *gives you the stink eye*

    anyway, i laughed a lot and i loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a neat interview, MK! :D I love that your characters almost took over the interview!
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  5. XD This is hilarious! And so accurate, basically what my characters are like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      *sigh* Aren't they all just little trouble makers?

      Delete

Post a Comment