Awkward and Awesome No. 6 // Adulting




Awkward: 

  • The very term "adulting"
      
  • Especially when heard from the mouth of a younger teacher trying to "be hip"
      
  • WAIT. WHAT TO DO MEAN I HAVE TO SET MY OWN APPOINTMENTS
       
  • WHAT DO YOU MEAN I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR FIGURING OUT WHAT TASKS I NEED TO DO AND THEN DOING THEM
        
  • This moment: "What do you mean I have to do that? That's a thing for adults! I'm only.....19. Oh."
        
  • WHAT? VOTING?
        
  • MOM HELP. I AM SICK AND STARING AT A PILE A MEDICINE AND I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONES I'M SUPPOSED TO TAKE FOR A RUNNY NOSE AND WHICH ONE IS FOR WHAT AND HELP
        
  • Just in general MOM HELP
        
  • Also DAD HELP
     
  • WHAT IS FREE TIME? 
     
  • Where is my adult supervision? WHAT DO YOU MEAN I AM THE ADULT SUPERVISION? 
     
  • WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO COME UP WITH MEALS???
     
  • AND MAKE THE MEALS?
     
  • AND BUY THE FOOD TO MAKE THE MEALS?




Awesome: 

  • That moment when you first leave your apartment to go grab something from the corner store and you're halfway there and it suddenly hits you that you just...left. You just realized you needed something from the store, decided when to go get it and went to go get it.
     
  • It's actually not that hard...
     
  • When you go to the store and you think to yourself, oh. I kind of want a candy bar. And then you realize YOU ARE THE ADULT SUPERVISION. YOU WANT A CANDY BAR??? YOU WANT A 99 CENT LOLLIPOP? GET IT
     
  • And then you leave the store feeling very satisfied. I have literally walked back from the store with a lollipop in my mouth (with absolutely no shame. just walking through a college campus of people #tryingtolooklikeadults) and thought to myself "My 5-year-old self would be proud."
     
  • I AM THE ADULT SUPERVISION MUWAHAHAHA
     
  • NOBODY CAN TELL ME TO NOT SIT ON THE COUNTERTOP IN MY APARTMENT BECAUSE IT IS MY COUNTERTOP! (Technically my roommates could. But they haven't)
     

Comments

  1. Awkward: Forgetting to add the graphics to a post :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My 5-year-old self would be proud."<-- this is what I strive for.

    I absolutely love this post! Adulting can be freaky at first, but once you realize you're the "adult supervision", it's actually kind of exciting! Like, you get to boss yourself around and make the decisions. Intimidating, but so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure five year old me would basically HATE the rest of my life though, lol. I think I would make an excellent five year old. Color pages? Nap? Being able to take naps in public?

      Delete
  3. Seriously. The moment I discovered I had to be the one scheduling appointments I was like "YES" and didn't go to the dentist for like...3 years...

    And the last time I saw the inside of a doctor's office was like...2014, maybe?

    Yeah, loving the adult life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sitting here like, "Well! I went to the dentist recently! Yep! On top of everything...I mean, I went a few months before college started!

      Wait.

      I'm a sophomore."

      So oops?

      Delete
  4. I turned 18 this year and still live with my parents so I don't relate THAT hard to some of the "awkward" stuff. But I'm going to hate life when I have to start scheduling appointments XD

    This was a great post though! I enjoyed reading!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually schedule my own appointments either...I mean, at this point I might? Basically right now neither I nor my mom are doing it. And that's just fine with me ;)

      Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  5. XD XD XD XD Honestly same, adulting is hard :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahah I hate the word adulting, but you just made me laugh. Good job ;)

    MB> keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB> thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adulting is just such a weird word. I had one teacher that used it ALL THe TIME and I didn't like it before that class but after? NOPE. NOPE!

      Thanks :D

      Delete
  7. Being an adult is difficult but kinda fun. You summed it up perfectly XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I turned nineteen last month so I relate very much to this post! I still live at home, but I recently started studying and had to go away for a whole week and live by myself. During that time, I learnt much about the art of being an adult. Including how to buy washing powder, because I have literally never done that in my life.
    Here, eighteen is also the legal drinking age, which means, even though I don't drink, I am legally allowed to go into pubs with my friends *without* my mother. Which was shocking the first couple of times I did it, but isn't anymore :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...it's weird when you're allowed to go places without adult/parental permission because you're legally old enough to be held accountable for yourself. Like "noooo. Why don't you just call my mum instead and ask her? Don't make me responsible. I'm not an adult. You fools. What are you doing?"

      Delete

Post a Comment