Throwback Book Review: I'd Tell You That I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

Let me scream at you about my favorite book!!!


Characters

I loved all of the characters. I love how the characters got along. I love how the character subplot was not the drama in the friend group and the main character slowly losing all the friends she has in the opening chapters. In fact, she's GAINING friends

And her friends aren't introduced in the first chapter and then again in the end chapters and forgotten for the entire rest of the book!


I also love that the book isn't centered around girl hate and its about sisterhood and friendship and AAH! I love it so much.


“You switched the days," I said, dismayed. "You blew the tire. You..." I trailed off, probably because the next words out of my mouth were either going to be "You care enough to do this?" or "You're destined for a life of crime." It was a toss-up either way.”  

Other Things

And their training levels as spies MAKES SENSE! And they're not doing things that make me cringe and cover my eyes and say, "Child! Even I can see how that wouldn't work in real life!"

(Like that one book where the actual spies let the mostly trained (and way to emotionally invested) teenage spy/main character come...I can believe that but what I didn't get was them allowing the love interest to come because "He's in Jr ROTC."
Child.
No.
Do you not understand how ROTC works? Nobody is going to be like...well. He's done Jr ROTC for one year, so I guess he's good. NO. Maybe someone in ROTC who is at the top of his class and has a ton of experience but JR ROTC? NO. I THINK NOT!)

“The Operative tried to implement the Purusey breathing technique, which has been proven 
effective at fooling polygraphs. There is no conclusive evidence as to
whether it is effective at masking the internal lie detectors of fifteen-year-old boys.”

And another thing...
 
I. LOVED. THE. ENDING.

Clearly, I can't say anything about it and spoil everything but AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

“All these years I'd thought being a spy was challenging. Turns out, being a girl is the tricky part.”

The book also manages to be fun and light-hearted but still deliver deep lines and mess with my emotions (especially the stuff about parents)



BUT ANYWAY! ITS GOOD AND YOU SHOULD ALL READ IT!
Or maybe not. Because you'll never be able to read any teenage spy novels ever again :D

-MK






Comments

  1. *adds this to my tbr*
    I've been trying to read books out of my comfort zone lately and this sounds perfect for that!! Lovely review <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAS! READ IT! AND THEN COME BACK AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IN THE COMMENTS ON SOME RANDOM POST

      Delete
  2. i just reread this last week lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAH. SO JEALOUS. I HAVEN'T REREAD IT IN F.O.R.E.V.E.R.!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment