Camp NaNoWriMo: Playlists and Snippets


Camp is going well! I'm juggling two stories (Capes, Coffee Shops, & Cake and The Hedgehog King) so it is a bit challenging. My goal for each one is 25,000 words...so I'm basically doing a full NaNoWriMo 50k!




During the first week, I hit 10k in Capes, Coffee Shops, & Cake. And then I decided the best way to keep myself motivated to work on THK was to use CCC as a bribe. So I didn't let myself work on CCC until I was caught up in THK. 

And then that worked so well, so I set a bunch of along-the-way goals. Once I hit certain goals in one story, I have to catch up on the other! (My self-set goal points are 15k, 20k, and then 25k.)

During the second week, I hit 15k in CCC, but have yet to catch up in THK. I'm just a little more than 1k behind right now! Both stories are doing great and I'm excited to see how far I can get this month!





SNIPPET #1: 
 “No!” He told someone sternly. “It was not a can opener.”


Kace's Playlist:

Ready Set Let's Go - Sam Tinnesz
I'm Born To Run - American Authors
Can't Stop Me Now - Oh The Larceny 
Heroes of Today - Once Monsters
Legend - The Score
Heroes - Zayde Wølf
Whatever It Takes - Imagine Dragons
Gladiator - Zayde Wølf
For The Glory - All Good Things
High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco




SNIPPET #2:   
Greasy deep fat fried street food. Aka your stress food.” I narrowed my eyes at her. 
“Therefore, you are stressed.”

Lily's Playlist:

Welcome To New York - Taylor Swift
Sugar Sugar - The Archies
Cut The Cake - Average White Band
Heroes of Today - Once Monsters
What We Live For - American Authors
Centuries - Fall Out Boy
Heroes - Zayde Wølf
Coffee - Sylvan Esso 
Brother - NEEDTOBREATHE ft. Gavin DeGraw
West - Sleeping At Last


 

So what do you think? Do you like Kace's Playlist more or Lily's? How is your Camp going? Or if you're not doing camp, then how is your month going?

MK

Comments

  1. That first snippet tho. I NEED MORE DETAILS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD
      Maybe I'll explain it better in a later post

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Who DOESN'T like greasy deep fat fried food? XD

      Delete
  3. Sounds like some fun stories! ;)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Kace's playlist!! Lots of favorites on there. XD

    Those mini snippets are amazingggg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment