How Lovely! Let's Never Visit // Bookish Places I Love, But Would Never Go To

Alternative title: Places I would go if it just got me out of this house and ended the quarantine



Ketterdam from the Six of Crows duology

Well, for starters Kaz Brekker is there. To be honest, I don't want to be in ANY place from a Leigh Bardugo book. 
Fortress made out of ice? No thank you! Do I look like Kristoff???
Frozen wasteland? See above!
Ship with the gang?

...
Ok. Fine, you got me. That does sound pretty cool. 
(Also: Jesper's dad's farm would be pretty chill.)





Cirith Ungol from The Lord of the Rings

It's LITERALLY TRANSLATED TO THE PASS OF THE SPIDER. SPIDER. SINGULAR. THE SPIDER. DO YOU THINK THAT IS A GOOD THING?




Mordor from The Lord of the Rings

Even if I WANTED to go there (Look, kids! A giant eye!), they don't accept walk-ins.  

(*is proud of myself for my dumb "you cannot simply walk into Mordor" joke*)
 



The Fae Court from The Wicked King

Oof. NOT a good place for a human, you know? Also, the amount of DRAMA.


Thrushcross Grange from Wuthering Heights

The reason I enjoyed this book is a.) prose was pretty and b.) all the characters were absolutely so unlovable and yet somehow I was just SO hooked in their story that I had to keep reading if just to see what crazy thing they did next. (I also had to keep reading because it was for my Victorian Literature class, but hush.) 

But would I ever want to visit? Um no. 


Hogwarts at any time Harry Potter was there

The DRAMA, you know? 




What about you? Any fictional worlds you found fascinating on paper but wouldn't want to visit in real life?

MK




Comments

  1. "do i look like Kristoff?" I just laughed so hard XD but tbh i wouldn't mind going to Ravka and visiting Nikolai :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I come with you? (As long as the darkling isn't there, lol...Or maybe I'll come anyways???)

      Delete
  2. THAT MORDOR JOKE!!!!! I DIED!!!!

    Also, "Do I look like Kristoff?" I probably do look like gender-bent Kristoff, so that wouldn't work for me, but it is hysterical nonetheless.

    This was an absolutely hilarious post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. You could always go with, "Excuse me? Do you see a talking reindeer? I thought not."

      Thanks XD

      Delete
  3. "The DRAMA, you know?" Oh yeah! XD It's crazy with Harry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are you supposed to actually finish a class? Harry's going to get almost killed or something and then everything will be messed up.
      Also, giving Gryffindor a ton of points after he'd already told the Slytherins they'd won?

      Oof. They would have had to get a new Headmaster, cause he would have no survived the riots :/

      Delete
  4. I liked this idea for a post! It was fun! :D And I agree with you on most of these. Although, drama and all, I still wouldn't mind going to Hogwarts at any point. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of agree, but it wasn't a very nice time for Slytherins. Maybe BEFORE Harry Potter would have been the best time, LOL

      Delete
  5. I agree with you on almost all of these, but honestly, as much as I absolutely abhor Wuthering Heights, I wouldn't mind going to Thrushcross Grange...idk, the pure MOODINESS appeals to me.

    (And, hi, I've been hanging around your blog for awhile, but just started my own, so I feel like I can finally comment!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBH Thrushcross Grange would be super cool is it didn't have Mr Crazy stomping around, lol

      Delete
  6. This is such a great post idea, and I agree with you 100%. (Do we just... assume every other Hogwarts student was sighing and wishing the Harry Potter Drama [TM] would go away and let them study in peace?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much...I mean, he wasn't a bad quidditch player, but then again he caused drama in the middle of the game so? (Though I guess that wasn't his fault that he is a drama magnet)

      Delete
  7. I wouldn't want to go to the Capitol from The Hunger Games, even though it's pretty fascinating to read about the way people act there and what they wear and all that. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...they're pretty crazy. Even if you could go for like a week with full immunity (a diplomat from somewhere else, maybe?) I still wouldn't trust them.

      Also...I've never actually read the books. I tired reading the first book and it just didn't click. Though that WAS a while ago...so maybe I'll give it another shot someday

      Delete
  8. At first I was Ketterdam! But your right, wouldn't want to go there. XD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment