Risin' Up, Straight To The Top // End of May





When you're sleep-deprived and suddenly change your blog subheaders from saying "Blog stuff, Writing stuff, etc" to saying "Blog Things, Writing Things, etc"





This Month's Posts: 

How Lovely! Let's Never Visit! // Bookish Places I Love, But Would Never Go To
Summer TBR 2020
Interview With Brooke Riley // How We Rise Book Release Tour
The Best Bookish Opening Lines


Other Blogging News:

Since I'm "only" taking six credits over the summer, I decided to get a jump start on blog posts. The goal is to have the bulk of next semester's posts written so I can focus on school. That way I can still deliver the content I want while not worrying about posts! At this point, I have all of June's posts written (with a little wiggle room for tags, etc) and almost all of August written. And a bit of the more fun posts from September. (I will be taking my usual July hiatus.)


There was a review of one of my new favorite movies, Knives Out, on Movies Meet Their Match! You should all go read it and then immediately jump into the film because AAAH!

Arielle at The Splendor Falls on Castle Walls wrote a post about the 20 things she loves about Star Wars and WOW. The fifth point she made? *claps*

Snapper left the blogging world and she will be sorely missed


JULIAN AND SARAH ARE MAKING SHIPS SECRETS AND SURVIVORS INTO A SERIES

BROOKE'S STORY WAS PUBLISHED AND RELEASED TO THE WORLD



I made great progress this month! Sort of...I basically did nothing during the beginning of the month before getting inspired and working on my retelling project AND drafting a new contemporary novel...

Monthly Word Count: 22, 513


Snippet: 


She cursed and turned away from the sea. When had she started thinking of him by name? Of course she knew his name. She knew all their names. But when had she started thinking of him by his name? For that matter, when had she started thinking about him?


Writing goals for next month: Continue with the line edits and minor scene changes in my retelling. I hit the halfway point already, so I'd like to get to at least 3/4 of the story or ideally, finish this draft.

 For the contemporary novel, I just want to get words down. I don't want to put a word count goal or percentage goal on myself, so I can just write it how it needs to be written instead of rushing to meet self-imposed goals.



Books read: 8 books (* = re-reads) 
Apprentice of Magic, Apprentice of Magic series, by KM Shea [4 stars]
Red Rope of Fate, from the Elves of Lessa series, by KM Shea [5 stars!]
Royal Magic, from the Elves of Lessa series, by KM Shea [5 stars!]
As You Like It by William Shakespeare [4 stars]
Cinderella and the Colonel, Timeless Fairytale Series, by KM Shea *
Beach Read by Emily Henry [5 stars]
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo *
Challenge Accepted by Amanda Abram [3 stars]



Monthly suggestion: The Red Rope of Fate by KM Shea or Beach Read by Emily Henry

Note: Beach Read is a new adult contemporary romance book. Ergo, it has some adult content! Please read responsibly. 

Reading goals for next month: Continue to find time to read and make progress on my TBR before I add more books. Earlier this month I went through my Goodread's TBR and removed all the books that I don't want to read anymore to shrink my TBR pile. I also took sequels to books I haven't read yet and removed them (if I like the first book, I can add it again.) And that lowered by TBR count by over 100 books. 
Now I just have to keep reading while being picky about what I add. Shouldn't be too hard, right? 








How was your month? 
MK


Comments

  1. As You Like It was a fave W.S. play of mine, I believe. I haven't read Shakespeare in YEARS. Maybe that needs to change??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been about 3/4 of the way through As You Like It since about December, lol and only just finished it. Though now that I'm out of the familiar territory (or at least his plays like I'm familiar with AND interested in) I'm going to have to expand...The famous Hamlet? Actually read the entirety of Macbeth? Or the dreaded Romeo and Juliet???

      Let me know if you have any suggestions ;)

      Delete
  2. Aw!! Thanks for the shoutout! It made my day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading your post made my day, so I guess we're even now :D

      Delete
  3. THAT SNIPPET I am laughing quite hard. My month has been extremely chaotic, I'm hoping June will be a bit calmer!


    samsbookshire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it!

      SAME. But I don't think that will happen (at least for me!)

      Delete
  4. Your pre-writing is so freaking impressive oh my gosh!! Your May sounds good and productive! My May has been good, honestly an emotional rollercoaster at points. Its definitely hard with quarantine, but it's expected i guess.
    https://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com/
    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUCH an emotional roller coaster. Honestly, by the end of this, Aliens could come down and we'd all be like, "Wow. Is it Tuesday already?"

      Delete
  5. Love snipt! I've gotten a lot more writing done this month. That is awesome that you got 22k. I've wrote about 3k...

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully it will make up for the fact that I probably wont write much of anything next month, LOL

      Delete
  6. You're managing to? shrink your TBR?? I shall have to make notes of your tips...

    That snippet is hilarious (and touching. but mostly hilarious. "wHY AM I THINKING ABOUT HIM"). Anytime you want to share more hints of this story, I will be happy to devour it. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING EITHER WITH MY TBR SO THERE IS THAT

      Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to talk about in more in a few months!

      Delete
  7. *grins* I'm so glad that you're excited about the Pirate Hunter Chronicles!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment