Bookish Places To Visit






Rome, Italy
From Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch! 
Bucketlist Must: Eat Gelato 

Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
From Love and Luck by Jenna Evans Welch
Bucketlist Must: Follow ANY of the steps from the travel guide book that Addie finds, Ireland for the Broken Hearted. And as the travel guide says, “Every time a traveler goes to Ireland and doesn’t stop at the Cliffs of Moher, a banshee loses her voice.” 

Salzburg, Austria
From Wanderlost by Jen Malone
Bucketlist Must: Explore the gardens, Watch the Sound of Music (Sing-Along!) and call Rolf a...well if you've read the book you know what.


Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Six of Crows is set in Ketterdam which was based on Amsterdam! 
Bucketlist Must: Pickpocket someone Find some crows and feed them. 


The Empire State Building, New York
The Percy Jackson series, a modern greek myth retelling, features the Empire State Building
Bucketlist Must: Ask for the 600th floor.

Brighton, England
It will forever be cemented in my mind by Lydia from Pride and Prejudice throwing a fit because,
"I WANT TO GO TO BRIGHTON!"
Bucketlist: Go to Brighton

What bookish places do you want to travel to? 
MK

Comments

  1. The Cliffs of Moher are gorgeous!! So breathtaking. It's especially fun if you've seen The Princess Bride or Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. ;)

    IT'S NOT FAIR. WE ALL WANT TO GO TO BRIGHTON. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MAN I WANT TO GO TO ROME SO BAD! My family had a trip planned there this year, but it got cancelled because of COVID. 😢 Ireland is also somewhere I definitely want to go, especially because I have a bunch of Irish heritage. Also Scotland. And Wales. Basically anywhere in the British Isles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH NO! Well, I hope you get to go as soon as this is all over!

      Delete
  3. "You go to Brighton. I would not trust you so near it as Eastbourne for fifty pounds!" Honestly, though, I'm pretty sure there'd be a bunch of Austen-related tourist hotspots in England, and I'd love to visit at least a few. :D

    I'd suggest going to King's Cross and asking for Platform 9 3/4, but Google informs me that there's an actual shop there called that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet whoever made it was like, "Muwahaha! Now whenever tourists ask about it, they'll be directed to my shop!"

      Delete
  4. YES to all of the above!! And yes, we simply must go to Brighton and see if any rich single men are available :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife, right?

      Delete
  5. The Cliffs of Moher I wanted to go there, ever since I read 'There you'll find Me' by Jenny B Jones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment