6 Bookish Weddings // Rated and Ranked




I suppose June is the tradition "wedding month" but I am a college senior now after only three years of school so clearly I follow no rules. I listed six literary weddings and then listed them from my favorite / one's I am most amused about to least favorite! Naturally, this list could have been much MUCH longer, but I narrowed it down to weddings that are actually shown in the story. *narrows eyes at Pride and Pejudice*


That one wedding in Norse Mythology 

You know the one. 

When a giant steals Thor’s hammer, demands Freyja as his wife in return. Freyja says no, but Thor wants his hammer (He loves that hammer – Tony Stark) and so he says “sure!” but then dresses up as Freyja.
In a wedding dress.
With a veil.
And NOBODY NOTICED?
Also: Loki dressed up as the bridesmaid.   


Fleur and Bill's Wedding in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  
Do I even really like the Harry Potter books as a whole? Not really.
(Villain POV scenes? No thank you. An entire group who is EVIL just because they’re part of the group? Nope.)
But I thought the wedding was really well done. I like Fleur and Bill as a couple, I think they’re good example of a healthy supportive relationship and really like how even in the midst of everything going on, they managed to make their wedding a good and happy event.
   
A Gallagher Wedding by Ally Carter
    
This is, in fact, its own book! It’s a short story set after the events of the six book Gallagher Girl series labeled, “A Gallagher Wedding.” I can’t really talk about it without spoiling too much about the series and how things end up (who survives, etc) but I thought it was a very cute story!

Meg and John’s Wedding in Little Women 
by Louise May Alcott

Meg and John’s wedding was really sweet and intimate and I enjoyed reading it! However, I also read it so long ago that I forgot basically everything about it. 
   
Marianne and Colonel Brandon's Wedding 
in Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
I honestly don’t remember this wedding too much…but there were people throwing coins and happy children running about. And hey, at least its better than the weddings in Pride and Prejudice! You know… when they spend the whole book leading up to the wedding AND THEN DON’T SHOW US
  
Claudio and Hero’s Wedding in  
Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare

You know you messed up when the bride’s best friend says “I’d eat his heart in the market” afterward…but they seem to figure it out on the second try. (Though Benedick and Beatrice’s wedding is cuter)



 Do you have a favorite bookish wedding? 
MK

Comments

  1. I knew this post was going to be good when I saw you included the Thor wedding! That whole concept is hilarious!

    It is rather unfortunate that you really can't squeal about weddings in books without giving away spoilers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Maybe I should have just posted it with spoilers and then wrote at the top BEWARE! HERE BE SPOILERS

      See? I'm getting my pirate voice ready for the 25th. :D

      Delete
  2. Ummm...how did I miss A Gallagher Wedding???!!! *goes off to stalk amazon*

    Also, is there actually a wedding in Sense and Sensibility? Because all I remember is the singularly rushed ending...XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES THERE IS! LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU READ IT CAUSE AAAH

      I mean, apparently? Like I said, I don't remember it XD

      Delete
  3. That Norse mythology one sounds familiar and when I read this post I cracked up laughing so hard! XD

    Ah, Meg and John's and Marianne and Brandon's weddings! <333 (Though yes, more memorable in the films. ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can we get a short film of the Norse wedding with Hemsworth and Hiddleston? MARVEL, PLEASE???

      Delete
  4. The Norse Mythology is hilarious.
    what about all the weddings from K.M.Shea's Timeless Fairytales?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I can't decide which one is better...Thor with a blusher and the giant still doesn't realize or Thor is a SUPER puffy dress and veil and then him fighting in it like an angry cloud XD

      Delete

Post a Comment