All My Summer Reads // Rated and Ranked

HEY! I'M BACK!

Considering that I didn't get much of any writing done this month, this list is shockingly short...But I suppose working, farm work, and summer classes steal away too much free time.



In read order:

The Luckless [Four Stars]
The Desperate Quest [Four Stars]
Revived [Four Stars]
The Prince's Bargain [Five Stars]
Crescent City: House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas [Four Stars]
The Red Rope of Fate [Five Stars]
Royal Magic [Five Stars]



NOTE: The Red Rope of Fate and Royal Magic were both re-reads
             House of Earth and Blood is a new adult novel and contains adult content
             A. M. Sohma is another pen name of K. M. Shea






The Luckless by A. M. Sohma

This first book in the Age of Retha series. It had interesting characters and a different story line and setting than I'm used to, but compared to the other books in this summer's list its the least memorable.



Desperate Quest by A. M. Sohma

Book two in the Age of Retha series! Decidedly more interesting than the Luckless... I honestly am torn between putting it in 6th place and 5th. Hell, it might even warrant going all the way up to 4th! The ending was more satisfying, but there are new characters that show up in Revived that I enjoy more...



House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas 

I enjoyed Sarah J Maas' previous series (to some degree. I enjoyed Throne of Glass but will probably never re-read the first couple books and there is no way you could convince me to re-read the first book in the ACOTAR series...) but I found it harder to get into the world of this book. I liked the characters. Some of reminded me slightly of characters from older books, but that can be said for a lot of authors.

Overall, it was hard to get through the middle of the story at times, but the ending really blew me away. There were several moments in the last quarter of the book where I got literal chills.

Also, my best friend and I finished it within a couple days of each other (without realizing).



Revived by A. M. Sohma


This book is the third book in the Age of Retha series and also contained more "screen time" for one of my favorite characters, Solus Knight and introduced a new favorite: Noir

New cool characters while keeping the old ones? But only the old ones you liked? YES PLEASE?!




The Prince's Bargain by K. M. Shea 
 
The third book in the Elves of Lessa series! It only came out a few weeks ago but I bought it...the day it came out. If you take away the re-reads from this list (which I probably should have), The Prince's Bargain would have ended in first place. But I enjoyed the other two books more...which to be honest, is probably just because the characters in those books are more likely to stab people...



The Red Rope of Fate by K. M. Shea

First book in the Elves of Lessa series. I absolutely adored getting to know this world and these characters. Tari and Arion's relationship was adorable, and I loved them both as individual characters and as a couple! I also LOVED the side characters. There are three supporting characters that I was honestly more excited to see in the other two books than I was the old main characters so *shrugs*



Royal Magic by K. M. Shea 
The second book in the Elves of Lessa series. I ended up placing it before The Red Rope of Fate because I felt that Gwen had a better character arc in the story. And I loved her relationship with Benjimir. AND ITS A FAKE DATING SITUATION.





And that's a wrap folks!
What books did you read this summer?

MK

Comments

  1. That's a lot of books. I haven't been reading much this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps that all the KM Shea books are short and fast paced so it's easy to breeze through them :D

      Delete

Post a Comment