Awkward and Awesome: College


For all you lovely people starting this next stage in your life




Awkward:

You have to time your trips to the dining hall to avoid the sports teams. If you're not careful, you'll end up there after the football team just got out of practice and instantly they will consume anything with carbs and/or meat, leaving some weird soup, the tofu, and a completely untouched salad bar.

When your roommate has literally never shared a room in her life and doesn't even think about things like:
Cleaning
Spraying so much perfume
Opening the windows and then leaving them open when she leaves the room...in December
Calling people at three am
And turning on the lights when she comes back at four in the morning

When the RAs show up to search your room because your roomie has weed and you just have to chill in the hallway until they're done and you can get back to watching Netflix. (Didn't happen to me, but a girl who lived on my floor)

Finals, ew






Awesome:

When the police show up because they think your roomie is selling drugs. (She wasn't, but the behavior of everyone involved will forever be a treasured memory)

The weird bond with the people on your floor. Maybe you don't stay friends or never become friends, but at some point there will be a bunch of you out there at four AM cramming for a test or finishing a project.

When you and your roomie become friends!

Or when you and your roomie are literally never there at the same time, so you both basically have your own room!!

The fact that everyone suffers finals at the same time (obviously) and the collective mood and energy on campus during and leading up to finals!

Sitting outside on your cute campus on a nice bench soaking up the sun (Do not advise. Boys will sometimes talk to you. How rude. Cats can sun themselves without being bothered by weird people. Do I have a sign taped to my back that says, "Lol. Annoy her by asking her for her number!")






College (and post college!) people! Feel free to chime in with other awkward and awesome moments of college!





Comments

  1. What an experience. Living that dorm life via this post right now. I never lived in a dorm but some might say sharing a room with your sister is just as bad.

    Can't believe I wasn't following your blog before... I am now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my experience, living in a dorm was WAY worse LOL. (I mean, it was fun Sophomore year and it still had its perks Freshman year) But maybe that is because both of my sisters are so awesome and laid back that we tended (tended) to try and not annoy each other. IDK

      Hey! Welcome!

      Delete
  2. I was going to put some of my own here, but now I'm thinking of too many so I'll just make my own post....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I'm excited to see it! From what I hear, you've had a lot more roommate drama than I've had. XD

      Delete
  3. Wow, college sounds like...an experience. Hoping for a good roomie myself, next year, but we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is :D
      But you probably will! And if you don't, you can always change rooms!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. And my friends ask me why I never just chill on campus XD

      Delete
  5. I love all of these xD Leaving tomorrow for school...HELP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOH! CONGRATS!
      Based on what I know about you, you're going to do AMAZING! Good luck! And if you ever need to talk about anything or ask college advice questions, I'm here :D

      Delete
  6. Wow college sounds like quite an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah i love this post! ok the first "awkward" is SO TRUE. i'd show up & there would only be some weird soup and, of course, the salad bar lol. and going back to college soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy! We would see the football players leaving practice and turn to each other like GO! GO! GO!

      Delete

Post a Comment