5 Books (In French) I Want To Read


It's either this or watch Blind Date on Netflix again in French



Six of Crows, Tome 01 by Leigh Bardugo
AKA the French version of one of my favorite book, Six of Crows. Lia actually bought me a physical copy of this version and I've never gotten past the first couple lines.

36 Questions pour savoir si tu m'aimes by Viki Grant

This book (which is apparently ALSO a french translation, which is news to me because I thought the only version was in French???) is about a girl testing out the theory that there are 36 questions and if two people, making eye contact, go through these questions they'll fall in love. So naturally she gets this guy (who is doing this experiment because she is paying him)...and I'm sure we can all see where this is going!

Illuminae: Dossier Alexander by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

This is, of course, the French version of the first book in the Illumine Files series. I think this book will be interesting to read in french because
A.) It has a unique format and therefore a lot of picture and therefore less words!
B.) Since its a sci fi novel, it'll give me a broader vocabulary
C.) I already enjoy the story in English


P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

I chose this Kasie West book because its one of my favorites and I easily found a french text copy on Amazon. While I think reading the Illuminae files will make my vocabulary interesting, Contemporary YA will give me a more useful vocabulary.

Harry Potter à L'école des Sorciers by JK Rowling

Despite having no special love for the Harry Potter series (the world is VERY cool, but the books...), but this book is VERY easy to find and its free on Kindle Unlimited!

Also: Baguette literally translates to wand...because it is bread in the shape of a wand. SO GUESS WHAT IS GOING IN BE CONSTANTLY IN THE FRENCH VERSION OF A BOOK ABOUT WIZARDS? *grins*




Comments

  1. I would LOVE to be able to read a whole book in another language! (I'm not sure the Gospel of John in Latin counts...) "My" language is Spanish, and I've tried to read Harry Potter in that, but I'm not quite there yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, my language is Spanish, too! I've been wanting to read Harry Potter in it since I started learning, but I've just finished a beginner level, so I'm not close. I've watched a couple of movies, with the Spanish subtitles, of course, but I should try that again.

      Oh, and fun post MK! I didn't know that you were learning French! Fancy!

      Delete
    2. I am also not quite to the stage where I can just sit down and read a complex book. I think contemporary might be easier because you don't have the additional fantasy vocabulary? IDK

      Delete
    3. @Movie Critic, it is fancy, isn't it?
      At this point its a lot of me telling people how to pronounce fancy french food in french.

      *walking through grocery store*
      Friend: "Hey. How do you say this?" *points to cheese*

      Delete
  2. It's so cool that you have a list of books you want to read in your target language! The only one I have is Inkheart in the original German.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its part TBR and part bribe for myself/goal to reach :D
      Its so cool that you have a German copy of Inkheart! Does the cover differ from the American copies?

      Delete
  3. I want to read some books in French someday. I have a French Tintin book, but I can't read much it yet. I'm learning and trying. :)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're learning and trying than you're already a step ahead of me :D
      I feel like I haven't picked up a french textbook or anything in AGES

      Delete
  4. I wish I knew enough of another language to be able to read a book in it. Such a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment