Famous Literary Horses

I'm honestly surprised it's taken me this long to decide write this post
But also, not to brag, but I wrote Chincoteague from memory


In no particular order...


Black Beauty from Black Beauty


The Black from the Black Stallion


Misty from Misty of Chincoteague


Shadowfax from the Lord of the Rings
(And lets not forget Bill and Snowmane!)


Black Jack from Percy Jackson and the Olympians


Scipio from Heroes of Olympus


Flicka from My Friend Flicka


Tug and Abelard from The Ranger's Apprentice


Boxer, Mollie, and Clover from Animal Farm


Bree Hee Hinny Brinny Hoohy Hah "Bree" from The Horse and His Boy


Pie from National Velvet



Special Mention (a horse from a film rather than a story or book)
Dover the race horse from My Fair Lady

(Note: Does not appear on screen)




MK



Comments

  1. I've actually read all of these horses! I LOVED Misty of Chincoteague as a kid (who am I kidding, I still do), but I think my favorites in this list are definitely Tug and Abelard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen more of the movies then read the books.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I ever read Black Beauty cover to cover...But I love the movie :D

      Delete

Post a Comment