My General Purpose Writing Playlist // Most of It Anyway





Normally when I write, I try and listen to something that will pump me up rather than picking a playlist made especially for one WIP or another. I personally don't have a problem tuning out music with words (usually at least) And this playlist is actually over 3 hours long, so I'm posting an abbreviated list here! And since the playlist is a mix of country and pop songs, I abbreviated it to just some of the country songs.

Granted, I also listen to 80s rock and Sabaton while I write sometimes, but those have their own playlists...


She's With Me by High Valley
Barefoot Blue Jean Night by Jake Owen
Hurricane by Luke Combs
T-Shirt by Thomas Rhett
Tequila by Dan + Shay
In Case You Didn't Know by Brett Young
Simple by Florida Georgia Line
Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band
Dirt on My Boots by Jon Pardi
Greatest Love Story by LANCO
You Broke Up With Me by Walker Hayes
Speechless by Dan + Shay
I Like The Sound of That by Rascal Flatts
Mercy by Brett Young
Eyes on You by Chase Rice
Knee Deep by Zac Brown Band
This is it by Scotty McCreery
Burning Man by Dierks Bentley and Brothers Osborne
I'll Name the Dogs by Blake Shelton
More Girls Like You by Kip Moore
There Was This Girl by Riley Green
My Girl by Dylan Scott
I'd Be Jealous Too by Dustin Lynch
Just A Guy With a Girl by Blake Shelton
Flatliner by Cole Swindell, Dierks Bentley
Somebody Else Will by Justin Moore
Beer Never Broke My Heart by Luke Combs


What genre do you listen to the most while writing? Can you listen to music with lyrics? Do you want to see the pop side of this playlist?

Comments

  1. I usually listen to acapella while I'm doing...anything. Also, Piano Guys and Lindsey Sterling. And I don't have any trouble tuning the words out, either! All the people who are bothered by words perplex me. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I love the Piano Guys and Lindsey Stirling. Stirling's cover of It Ain't Me? *chef's kiss*
      And naturally I LOVE the Piano Guy's Mission Impossible theme. The music video is just AMAZING!

      Delete
  2. I listen to Lo-fi and/or jazz. Helps my brain function easier haha I do listen to stuff with lyrics sometimes! Mostly Niall Horan's Flicker album; it's soft and comforting to the ear. I'd love to see the pop playlist!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've heard of Niall Horan...I'll have to look it up!

      Delete
  3. I sometimes listen to music with words, I love songs that just give me the vibe. :)
    One of my favorite playlists is actually not mine but I follow Rosemary's which is called Golden Boy: story idea. Its' on Spotify. COuse I like my new WIP playlist I've made as well.

    astorydetetive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try and find it. (TBH I usually just make a playlist for each WIP and then...not use it. Whoops)

      Delete
  4. when I'm writing it doesn't matter whether there are words (with the exception of songs i haven't heard before, then my curiosity gets the better of me and i end up paying attention to that instead :)
    when I'm writing it very the mood/sound of the song, they all have the same feel to them regardless of genre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense...I basically just mentally wipe everything when I'm writing (Usually just distraction wise, but sometimes also writing ability. Oopsie)

      Delete
  5. Good choices, I listen to a mix of things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment