The Marvel Tag

As I mentioned in the last tag I did, I stole a couple tags from Movies Meet Their Match. This is another from that handful :D Except instead of having the questions based around movies, I mixed it up a little to make it book based. For the original questions, check out Movie Critic's blog!



Captain America: A book with a fish out of water theme
 
To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo



Thor: A book about learning to use power for the good of others

Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton



Iron Man: A book about an inventor

Liz from The Gallagher Girl series by Ally Carter



Hulk: A book about a character that has two sides to them

Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin



Hawkeye: A book about archery

The Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan



Black Widow: A book about spies

I'd Tell You That I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter



Black Panther: A book about royalty
   
High Rhulain from the Redwall series (Bet you were expecting a HUMAN royal weren't you?)



Vision: A book about androids or robots
  
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer



Spider-man: A book about teens
  
I feel like this is a much easier question to ask of books instead of movies...but I'm going to go with Maybe This Time by Kasie West



Ant-Man: A book about thieves

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo is an EXCELLENT heist book



Scarlet Witch: A book about a strong female character

These books have both strong female character (with strength of character development) and strong female characters (as in they'd kick your butt)

Gemina, Illuminae Files, Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
The Red Rope of Fate by KM Shea
The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims
The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan
Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo



Dr Strange: A book about a person who learns to be a better person

The Frog Prince by KM Shea (which is book 9 in the Timeless Fairytale series)



Falcon: A book with a great sidekick

The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien.
Let's here more about Samwise the brave, I want to hear more about him!



Loki: A book where the antagonist steals the show

Because You Love To Hate Me: 13 Tales of Villainy



Agent Coulson: A book where an ordinary person faces an extra ordinary situation
 
Scepter of Ancients, the Skullduggery Pleasant series, by Derek Landy



Peter Quill: A book where a character who is more than they appear to be

Goose Girl by Shannon Hale



Gamora: A book where a character changes allegiance

Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J Maas



Drax: A book with a physically strong character

Royal Magic by KM Shea



Groot: A book with a character who doesn't talk much

In KM Shea's Beauty and the Beast, the Beast's curse also takes away his servants' voices and they spend the bulk of the book communicating with signs and chalk boards.

I just realized I don't think I've ever read about a character who uses ASL...If anyone knows a good book, let me know in the comments!



Rocket: A book with a talking animal

The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis






Know any good ASL books? Or books where characters have a language barrier?
(If you decide to steal this tag, let me know so I can come check it out!)
MK





Comments

  1. I love how the answer to "a fish out of water" is basically literally that. xD And heist books are awesome! (I like Ally Carter's Heist Society, but if I remember right, you prefer the Gallagher Girls as far as Ally's books go?)

    Do you think ASL would be easier in a book or a movie? Both could have translations, I guess! And now I want to know if those exist... *starts googling* *despite not actually knowing ASL*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you caught the fish out of water joke. I was crackling to myself about it when I wrote it :D

      Let me know what you find!

      Delete
  2. I love the take you did with this! I might just have to steal this back! ;D

    Hmm, now that you mention it, I can't think of any characters using ASL! The closest that I can think of is in Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George there is a character who is mute? (Now I feel bad that I can't think of his name!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be completely honest, I can't remember a single character's name from Dragon Slippers. I LOVED it but the names? Gone along with my knowledge about country names in Central and South Africa

      Delete
    2. Also: YES! STEAL IT BACK! STEAL IT BACK!

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed "The Silence Between Us" in terms of ASL books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Sounds interesting! I'll have to look it up

      Delete
  4. Fun tag! I don't remember reading a book with some one using sign Language. might have to find one to read. :)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not technically ASL, but in my Red War Annals, there is a character that uses sign language of a sort (it's a fantasy series) since he doesn't talk. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! That sounds interesting! How is it writing a non verbal character?

      Delete
  6. Whenever I need new reads I just have to look at this list now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or shoot me an email and I'll be happy to add to your TBR :D

      Delete

Post a Comment