The Percy Jackson Tag

I acquired [stole] this tag from Drizzle and Hurricane Books!

At this point, I've read basically every book in the Percy Jackson world!

...

Except the last (or last two???) of the Trials of Apollo series...

Will I ever read them? Who knows!

But anyway! On to the (spoiler free!) Percy Jackson tag!


RULES:

Thank the person who tagged you and link to their post.

Link to the original creator: May @ Forever and Everly! Please note that she made the artwork/graphics, if using them. (And I am, because they're SO CUTE!)

Match books with the given prompts.

Tag however many people as wanted!
 
Copy-paste the rules and list of prompts.


(List of prompts will be at the bottom for easy copy and paste-ing!




My favorite new books from the year so far are The Red Rope of Fate and Royal Magic from the Elves of Lessa series by KM Shea. Is that more than ONE book? Yes. But I MAKE MY OWN DESTINY! Also, none of you can stop me.


Ah. There are so many option...


I love the Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien because the world building is so intense and amazing!

I loved Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, because the prose is beautiful and I love the setting


I love Six of Crows because of the heists and plots and how does Leigh Bardugo keep them all straight?

And the list goes on and on...



I feel like nobody has heard of KM Shea and I absolutely ADORE her Timeless Fairytale series and The Elves of Lessa series! If you want to check them out, the first book in the Timeless Fairytale series is Beauty and the Beast and the first book in the Elves of Lessa series is The Red Rope of Fate!




Open Road Summer by Emery Lord.
When my friend gave it to me, I was still a little wary of contemporary novels, especially the more cliche and cheesy sounding ones. And the premise of Open Road Summer certainly fell into that category! But I trusted my friend's judgement and ended up loving it!




While the Lord of the Rings and several other stories from my childhood come to mind, Ally Carter's Gallagher Girl series and John Flanagan's Ranger's Apprentice series are the first two to come to mind!




100 Days of Sunlight by Abbie Emmons

Its a pet peeve of mine when a main character has two younger brothers and for some reason, both of them have the exact same personality. You literally can't tell them apart beyond their names. In 100 Days of Sunlight, I didn't see this problem with Weston's little brothers. Even though they weren't in the story as much as siblings in other books have been, I didn't have any problem telling them apart!


 
Time more or less freezes whenever I read a good book...but the first one that comes to mind is The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims

Which is kind of odd that it popped into my head...not because I didn't like it (I loved it) but because I feel like I haven't read it in YEARS

*Checks Goodreads*
Yep
I read it last in April 2018. Goodness, I was still a little High Schooler then!



You know what's better than listing a well loved book? Listing a couple well love series.

The Arc of the Scythe series by Neal Shusterman
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
The Caravel series by Stephanie Garber
The Illuminae Files by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman


I'm going to pretend this means an island I WANT to be marooned on, because if I get stranded, I'm probably going to be using the book for fire starters...

So lets pretend that its Bora Bora or some tropical paradise...In which case I would want it light, kind of cliche and cute and something I hadn't read before. Probably something picked up on a whim at the bookstore


The Knockout by Sajni Patel and Rent a Boyfriend by Gloria Chao



If one of my own could magically be finished and published, that would be awesome TBH.

Love and Gelato by Jenna Evan Welch was loaned to me by Lia!
The number one funniest isn't a choice I'm going to make, because many of the books I read are funny for different reasons! But here are some options:

The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde
Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
Cinderella and the Colonel by KM Shea
Royal Magic by KM Shea
Scepter of Ancients (Skullduggery Pleasant series) by Derek Landy
And on and on...

The best answer for both an old book and a book that I read a long time ago would be The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien! I actually heard this story before I could actually read at this level, since one of my brothers read it to me.

Yes.

He read the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy (and The Hobbit) to me and my siblings. With voices.



I can't deicide between A Crown Of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi and Obsidio (and before that Gemina) from the Illuminae Files series by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff*



*As you may note during this post, there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the order in which I list the authors of the Illuminae Files series!




Honestly, nothing comes to mind...I can think of a few series that aren't universally loved by most of my readers, but there's no "me alone against an army" kind of divides.

And also, WHO HATES REYNA? She's the best!



Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West. Due to absolutely no fault of its own, I have this grudge against this book. The writing was great, the characters were great...BUT I WAS SHIPPING TWO CHARACTERS AND IT LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE GOING TO END UP TOGETHER AND THEN THEY DIDN'T. And now I'm salty. And I probably wouldn't punch it, because I don't actually hate it.

I'm not sure there IS a book (that I've read) that I hate. Though I must say, as a German-American, I really hate that fact that the first thing people think about when they think of Germany is often Hitler (who, besides being a trash human being (if he was even human), wasn't even German.) so I would punch Mien Kampf 

But beyond that I try not to judge books I haven't read! (Even Twilight, because the last thing I want is to repeat the Pumpkin Spice Latte incident...)


The Red Rope of Fate and Royal Magic from the Elves of Lessa series by KM Shea
Cinderella and the Colonel from the Timeless Fairytale series by KM Shea
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
Fake It Till You Break It by Jenn P Nguyen
Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J Maas
A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
And of course, Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and The Heroes of Olympus series!



I specifically am tagging Lia from The Singing Writer (mainly because I know she'll probably steal this tag anyways...) But everyone else, please feel free to steal this tag for your own!

MK











The Questions in case you want to just take the questions sans-graphics!

Percy Jackson: Your best/favorite book of the year
Annabeth Chase: A book where you're in awe of the author's genius
Grover Underwood: A book you love that's under-hyped
Luke Castellan: A book you thought you'd hate but didn't
Chiron: A book that will always feel like home
Tyson: A book with a sibling relationship you adore
Thalia Grace: A book where time froze when you read it
Nico Di Angelo: A well-loved book that you love too
Calypso: A book you'd be marooned on an island with
Rachel Dare: A book you predict you will give 5 stars
Jason Grace: An upcoming book you'd get hit with a brick to read now
Piper Mclean: A book you loved that someone convinced you to read
Leo Valdez: The funniest book you've read
Hazel Levesque: An old book/a book you read a long time ago that you still love
Frank Zhang
Reyna Ramírez-Arellano
Octavian
Percabeth







Comments

  1. Fun tag! I really enjoyed the Percy Jackson books, and those graphics are ADORABLE. And ah, Ranger's Apprentice totally feels like home to me, too! I'm pretty sure there were a few years where those were all I read...
    I'm so impressed that your brother read you LOTR and The Hobbit! I'm almost done reading The Hobbit to my siblings (with voices--after doing Riddles in the Dark with an excellent Gollum voice, I actually lost my voice...fun times), but I can only aspire to reading the entire LOTR trilogy to them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment