Thrillers I've Read And Those I'm About To Read





I don't know of many good thrillers, because I basically never read them. (Have I ever read one?)
I do, however, want to continue broadening my reading horizons and trying new things! (Oh wait! Jack Reacher counts? Then yes. I have read a thriller.)





And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Ah. The classical Agatha Christie. I enjoyed it and will probably try to read more of her stories in the future. Though it should be said that I tried to read Murder on the Orient Express ( I DID read it) but can remember literally nothing from it. When I started writing this post, I actually had to get up and find my list of books I've read to see if I actually had read it or not.

Jack Reacher: Killing Floor 
Like the Gabriel Allon series, I have read a handful of books from this series. I haven't read as many books since this series seems to be a lot less humorous and a lot less suspenseful. Also, every book seems to blend together a bit. However, I did enjoy the Killing Floor, and its one of the few that I remember clearly from the series.
    
Gabriel Allon: The English Spy by Daniel Silva
For some reason, I didn't realize that classic spy novels are thrillers? But anyway, I've also read several of this series...The English Spy happens to be my favorite (*cough* Keller *cough*) so I listed it, but I've read several books from this series and plan on reading them all at some point. The first couple is kind of cliche and a bit dry, but the later books are really good!
       
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth E Wein
Technically a historic novel but VERY suspenseful so I'm counting it. I really enjoyed reading it and following all the twists and turns!




One of Us is Lying by Karen M McManus

Apparently its a retelling of The Breakfast Club but with MURDER! Have I seen the Breakfast Club? No. Does it still make me interested in this book? Yes.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

I'm not SUPER interested in this book on its own, but it is a book that a lot of people have read. I mean, it DOES look fairly interesting, but I'm mainly reading it for the pop culture. (Also, can I just say, I'm surprised at how well Thriller readers keep spoilers? Like, Marvel Infinity War was barely out and there were already people like SO-AND-SO DIES! And I just had to sit there like "PLEASE. I just want to find a tuna casserole recipe on pinterest, STOP.")


The Hunt for the Red October by Tom Clancy 

I enjoy the movie so I might as well read the book! Also, I've been meaning to try a Tom Clancy book so I might as well start there!

Cross Her Heart by Bree Taggert 

Don't know much about this book, but spotted it on Goodreads earlier in the year. And I kind of want to read a classic "detective thriller book"

(Ignoring the fact that I have read a couple Sherlock Holmes stories, which as detective books AND thrillers, but have left them out because for some reason I've been mentally classifying them as "Classic Books")



Comments

  1. I've been meaning to read And Then There Were None! One of these days.

    Btw, I tagged you for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Fill it out if you want to!
    http://moviesmeetmatch.blogspot.com/2020/10/take-2-sunshine-blogger-award-x5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaah Code Name Verity! Definitely a thriller.

    The movie of The Hunt for Red October is one of my favorite movies ever--I never realized there was a book! But I'm sure it's VERY suspenseful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the movie too, but haven't taken the time to find the novel yet. I think there's also a larger series about the same analyst guy...

      Also: I GET SO SAD when the one Russian defector is shook over the fact that you can drive across borders without paperwork and HE JUST WANTED TO GO ON A ROAD TRIP! WHY?! *cries*

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to read One of us is lying.
    All of these sound good though.
    And Then There Was None is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when I read And Then There Was None I didn't actually read the blurb so I was constantly just like ????

      Delete

Post a Comment