10 Books I Enjoyed But Don't Talk About Often Enough

 

 


 The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Well, honestly. You can NEVER talk about LOTR enough...I also read it/heard it so long ago that it isn't something I think to talk about.
  


Animal Farm by George Orwell

I read this AGES ago. I absolutely loved it, but haven't re-read it since. I honestly kind of forgot about it until Fall Semester 2019 (ALSO A LONG TIME AGO) when we read 1984 for a Political Science class and I was kind of idly reading the back cover and saw the line, "Author of Animal Farm" and got super excited! I ended up not re-reading it since then (but I should!) 

 

Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin

Ok, To be honest, part of the reason I didn't talk about this one right after I read its sequel because it kind of *cough* stabbed a friend in the heart *cough* and I was mildly avoiding mentioning it. That and new books have come since then and there's been new things to talk about so I kind of pushed it to the side.


The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims

It was CUTE! Hufflpuff/Ravenclaw ship, but also a Hufflepuff who will 10/10 stab you if you mess with their people. We don't get enough "THROWS SELF INTO FIGHT" Hufflepuffs and we should!


Fake It Till You Break It by Jenn P Nguyen

FAKE DATING! Sort of Enemies to Lovers AND YET sort of Best Friends to Lovers??? 


The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

This book and the following series were SO CUTE! And its a fairy tale retelling, which you know I'm a huge fan of. And yet, I forget about it a lot. Shame on me.

 

Entwined by Heather Dixon and Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica George Day

Another fairy tale retelling! I think part of the reason I don't talk about this book is I'm always mixing up the plot and characters from this story and the ones from the Princess of the Midnight Ball and it's following series. Oop.

     

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

IT HAS SPIES. AND WWII RESISTANCE IN FRANCE. AND ITS VERY SUSPENSEFUL AND AAH.  It honestly blew my mind when I read it. But do I remember to talk about it ever? NOPE

  

Faro's Daughter by Georgette Heyer

A clean period drama/historic romance. Think Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet is Elizabeth was prepared to kidnap Darcy after he did something. All around adorable and hilarious. (That scene at the Opera though.)


What do you think? Which ones do you want to hear more about on the blog?

MK


 

Comments

  1. Oh, yes, I want to hear much more about all of these because I'm only familiar with LotR and The Goose Girl. Now, cruel question, but of all of these which is your top favorite? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lord of the Rings, of course. But after that, Wolf by Wolf and The Art of Feeling are pretty high up there

      Delete
  2. LOTR! I really need to read the books, since I love the movies, and, uh, it's LOTR.
    ENTWINED! THE GOOSE GIRL! Such good books.
    I feel so bad when I forget to talk about good books. Like, what did they ever do to me? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much in The Lord of the Rings books that didn't make it into the movies! Like a lot of character development for Merry and Pippin and the ending after the ending!

      Guess they just weren't emotionally devastating to be constantly remembered, LOL

      Delete
  3. Seriously, one can never talk about LOTR enough. :)
    I would love to hear more about The Art of Feeling, Faro's Daughter, and Wolf by Wolf--I've read and enjoyed all the other ones! (Although maybe "enjoyed" is a bit of a stretch for Animal Farm...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, great news is that I'm planning on writing reviews of the first two! (Though it won't be until January and February respectively.) I enjoyed Animal Farm a lot because I enjoyed the satire and know too much about the bolshevik revolution
      (Also, I just spelled bolshevik right but not revolution halp)

      Delete
  4. I love Shannon Hale's books, and her Bayern series is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to read The Goose Girl for forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! And its part of a four book series, so not too long to read but easy to get through if you're trying to read more :D

      Delete
  6. Entwined is one of my FAVORITES!! I'll never forget the "warm flickery bit" XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Though I made the mistake a reading Princess of the Midnight Ball almost right after it and accidentally blended the stories together into a single book. Oops

      Delete

Post a Comment