The Best Books of 2020

 The beginning of the year was so far away! You actually expect me to remember anything about the books I read? *Laughs* Fool. 




Red Rope of Fate

by KM Shea

Genre: YA Fantasy

Magic // THE THREE GUARDS // Language learning // THE DRINKING SCENE? // Of course I'm just a dancer // "The elf can't hold his liqueur" -Gimli // The shippers at the end // Clean read // Have some candy // Here's a treat for your dog // *smacks you with fan* // SHE REALLY JUST ASKED YOU THAT //


Royal Magic

by KM Shea

Genre: YA Fantasy

Sequel to Red Rope of Fate // THOSE GUARDS AGAIN YO // Protecting each other from family // FAKE RELATIONSHIP // Fight Club // Slytherin + Slytherin romance!? // SWORD FIGHTING // We can't help, but we can hold the door open // clean read // Favorite Daughter in Law // 


The Prince's Bargain

by KM Shea

Genre: YA Fantasy

LIBRARY // Clean read // Hurt my books and I'll hurt you // THE GUARDS // Externally: Excuse me sir, I am a very old man!  // Internally: *gremlin laugh* // You learned that? What, like it's hard? // Pyromaniac BFF //

 

King of Scars

by Leigh Bardugo

Genre: YA Fantasy

ZOYA // NIKOLI // Bees? Bees // DRAGON DAD // Every mention of the crew from SOC had me like !!! // Nina doing anything she learned from SOC // BLOW IT UP // Sew your hair back on // This is my emotional support corpse // THAT ENDING THO // MONSTERS // Someone tuck the king into bed // The guard and the princess ship //


For the Broken Heart, For the Broken Girl

by Lia Marie

Genre: Poetry 

Why must you hurt me like this // Sure the ombre page look is cool...but at what cost? // Let me fight the boy // Also, send the author chocolate // But mainly fight the boy //


Finale

by Stephanie Garber

Genre: YA Fantasy

I actually remember nothing // Like, I saw it on my book list and thought, Wait. I read that? // What was the ending? // I gave it 5 stars though so I guess I liked it? // *shrugs* // SERIOUSLY THO WHAT HAPPENED // I literally don't remember the end // Something about cards // Cages // Thanos level dad // Sometimes you have to be your own mom //  


The Merciful Crow

by Margaret Owen

Genre: YA Fantasy

THE MONEY DANCE AT THE BEGINNING? // "Here's a cat"... "How about I just take your teeth instead?" // *knocks over pot of nails* // I'm fine! *passes out* // I'm probably unfairly biased to like crows after SOC // Some of the world building too late? // Would be nice to know how they're named sooner // The first couple of chapters were AMAZING and the rest was just ok //Stressed about going into second book and kind of avoiding it...//

 

Summer Bird Blue

by Akemi Dawn Bowman

Genre: YA Contemporary 

HAWAII // Grumpy neighbor //  That crazy dog // *sprays her with hose* // Song writing // Grief // Remember liking it...but can't remember why // April was so long ago, help // goldfish memory//


Much Ado About Nothing

by William Shakespeare

Genre: Classic / Theatre Script 

ENEMIES TO LOVERS // So many plots. Funny plots. Not funny plots // Would not have forgiven him, the dramatic baby // 10/10 would have still ate his heart in the market place // THE SASS // THE BANTER // THE EPIC ONE LINERS //


Don't Date Rosa Santos

by Nina Moreno

Genre:  YA Contemporary

CUTE BOY // CAKE // CUTE BOY WITH CAKE // "Hey! Cuba!" // I LOVE THE GRANDMA // Attacking? // Will make you want ice cream // Cool setting // Community coming together // Assigned to a project together // 





MK


Comments

  1. Aaaah I keep meaning to read K. M. Shea and I haven't? Done it? Yet? But I really need to.

    "Let me fight the boy" was 100% my reaction to For the Broken Heart, For the Broken Girl. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can start a club! The "Fight The Boy Club!"

      YES! K.M. Shea is AMAZING AAH
      (I'm actually re-reading several books in the series right now!)

      Delete
  2. K.M Shea need to read some of her stuff.
    For the Broken Heart, For the Broken Girl. Broke me but like in a good way. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. "10/10 would have still ate his heart in the market place" XD XD XD Good list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, really. She should have fought him or nudged him off a cliff or something.

      Delete
  4. literally "this is my emotional support corspe" sent me. i cant even XD

    also fighting the boy is allowed but he seems to be doing a good job of that on his own *snort*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao

      How do you know it is his own work? When have you known him to do a good job at anything? How do you know this isn't just the beginning steps of my long term plan?!?

      Delete

Post a Comment