Favorite Books From the First Quarter of 2021

 

 Those of you who read this blog's previous post [HERE] know that my recent plans for world domination involved reading a ton of long non-fiction books about famous US diplomats and politicians. I'm also finishing up my senior year, so there hasn't been as much time to read and this list isn't nearly as long as I would like. 

Also, my brain is so full of what Henry Kissinger was up to that I'm forgetting some of the things I enjoyed about these books! I know I rated them all 5 stars so I enjoyed them...But why? I cannot say. 

 

Crown of Shadows

by KM Shea

Genre: YA Urban Fantasy

Murder Horses!!! // hilarious // A coffee lover trapped in a tea loving place // Steve and Kevin // The coffee shop and the baristas there // The race // WITTY BANTER // It's fine // The grumpy broody friend with the SUNSHINE friend //



Crown of Moonlight

by KM Shea

Genre: YA Urban Fantasy

The tea // Also the tea as in drama // Also the tea in that one tea party // ESPRESSO PLEASE???// "Be nice to animals or I will hurt you" // Marriage of convenience // Slow burn romance // BANTER // Can't really talk about it without spoiling things //



The Queen's Crown

by KM Shea

Genre: YA Urban Fantasy

The coffee shop // THE COFFEE SHOP // Loc Ness Monster lol // IT'S FINE // I didn't think pigeon-raccoons could make me choked up but they did // An inhuman screech of joy slipped out // Can't really talk about it without spoiling things //



Faithless Hawk

by Margaret Owen

Genre: YA Fantasy

I liked it better than book one? //  I was really stressed about this book because it was either going to be good or make me really annoyed (YA fantasy couples be like that sometimes) // THE CATS // Stayed up all night reading it // The wet handkerchief was actually someone I liked in this book? // I SAY AGAIN, THE CATS // The inner voice (you know who I'm talking about) // The hair was gross though // the money dance when it pops up again is amazing as always

 


Instant Karma

by Marissa Meyer

Genre: YA...Fantasy? Contemporary? I don't even know at this point

Who doesn't like sea animals!? // this is why I always make sure everyone has an even-ish chunk of group projects // I think it was cute because I gave it a good rating but also am being crushed my homework so I don't remember anything that happened besides the major plot points // KARMA // Karaoke gone wrong // brings back wildlife rehab memories //

 

 

 Hopefully my list for the second quarter of the year is longer and has more detailed descriptions! 

(But no promises)

MK 




If you want to check out the non-fiction books I enjoyed, you can check out the post linked at the top of the post! Actually, even though the top of the post isn't very far away I'm still going to drop the link here again: Books I Read for School // Or How I Gamed The System To Get Credits For Reading Books I Already Wanted To Read

Comments

  1. *Writes all of these down* I trust your taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll especial like The Merciful Crow (the book that comes before Faithless Hawk)and the series about the fae :D

      Delete
  2. In a very weird way "I didn't think pigeon-raccoons could make me choked up but they did" kind of sums up my fictional life. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? And its not like I can talk to strangers about it. They'd just be like, "Oh! Interesting *whispers* get the straight jacket!"

      Delete

Post a Comment