First Day of NaNoWriMo (April '17)

Today is the first day of April and the first day of NaNoWriMo!


(I'm not dead, in case you're wondering)




I managed to get 2,842 Words done! And I managed to live my normal life too!

Granted, I didn't have school today (ok. That's a lie. I had two weekly quizzes for my college class, but they take less then twenty minutes each. But you know what I mean.)

But I also didn't drink any tea. Or coffee. No writing power food. No inspirational music.

In fact, I spent a lot of the day on Pinterest and Youtube. (Some of it was story related. But only some if it)

To get my 50,000 words done by April 30, NaNoWriMo suggests that I write 1,667 words a day.

Since I wrote extra, my daily word count suggestion has moved down to 1,584 words a day.

My plan is to keep writing and always go over the 1,667 word goal suggestion.

I think I can do this.

Maybe I'll actually finish a first draft.

I might even end ahead of time!




If you are cheered by my optimism, just wait. I'll probably pick up some random book and start reading it tomorrow and forget about writing. And then someone will ask me how my story is going and I'll be like "Huh? Oh that. Yeah.... I've been meaning to write. But I read this book on the history of spoons!**





-Mary Kate-



**Please note. I have never read a book on the history of spoons. I HAVE read some books with some pretty random books topics, though.

Comments

Post a Comment