- Your dear friend, who you didn't even tell you were blogging, finds your new TOP SECRET blog in under a week
- Your IRL friend follow you and you forget if they know its you or not...So when they start a google chat with you and say they liked your latest post you say something extremely professional like, "Oh thanks. I love your blog layout by the way." And they're sitting there like...what?
- Do you ever do the thing where you accidentally refer to yourself by your first name? You know, like...
"...and you say to yourself, why. Why [insert real name]?"
And then you have to go back and delete it and then you sit there staring at it.
Should I use my pen name? That just sounds weird...
Should I just use "girl?" That sounds off too
Oh, what the hell. I'LL JUST DELETE THE WHOLE SENTENCE! HAPPY NOW?
- But what if you want to use a different name now?
- Well, if your a weirdo like me, you can be super amused by the fact that googling your own name brings up nothing on you and yet you run a blog that has 10k+ page-views.
- Nobody will creepily follow you on the internet and know who you are. (Creep people will still follow your google+ page, they just won't actually know who you are.)
- You get to pick a new name!
- Or maybe just use your real name and then just tell people that its a fake name....and then people who know you IRL won't think its you...
- I started signing off my posts with M.K. since 1.) I am super lazy and 2.) I intend to publish under M.K. [Last name] since those are my real initials...and everyone started calling me MK in the comments...
And it makes me laugh.
You guys are the best.
- The best of both worlds. You're blogging and keeping your personal stuff to yourself!