WINTER WONDERIN' WHY SNOW BLEH//Winter Wonderland Tag



I, the GREAT lover of winter that I am, have been tagged for the Winter Wonderland Tag by THE AUTHOR (dun dun duuun) at To Write Or Not To Write! The Author, besides having a super scary sounding name (sounds like the secret villain or something, am I right?) runs a super pretty blog.

Did you see that header? *dies*

(Go check it out, seriously.)

RULES:

1. Link back to the Storybook Journal
(Which I personally have never heard of before and am now following because I saw a Greatest Showman post. Congrats. You now know how to win my heart.)

2. Answer the questions!
(Am I the only one who thought of Tauriel and "answer the question, filth?)

3. Tag at least 3 other bloggers (or more if you feel so inclined)








1. Name a few things you love about winter and a few things you don't:
I love fresh snow.Pine trees. Peppermint lattes are being sold everywhere. Candy canes. Christmas shopping...

And I dislike just about everything else. The slush, ice, not being able to ride or run, the COLD...

2. When you were a child, did you believe in Santa Claus?

What do you mean "when you were a child." I was born old. Of course I did. 

3. Is there a book or movie that you really love to read in winter as opposed to any other time of year?
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

4. Is there any particular Christmas movie you watch EVERY year as tradition?
Miracle on 34th Street 

5. Do you usually get a real tree or a fake tree? Whose in charge of decorating?
FAKE TREE! We all tend to do it together.

6. Does your family usually stay home or go visiting on Christmas day?
Stay home. Its too cold to go wondering out into the cold. 

7. What does your family usually do on New Year's Eve? Any traditions? Do you ever stay up until midnight?

Oh yes. All the time in fact...oh wait.
You meant on New Year's Eve.
Oh!
Ok, gotcha.
Ahem.

Yes.

8. Do you ever get snow where you live? If so, have you ever built a snowman and name his Olaf?
*hisses* snow

9. If it's snowing outside, would you prefer to and build snowmen and enjoy it or would you rather stay inside with a blanket and something hot to drink and maybe a book or movie?
*Looks back at question #8*
*takes a sip of hot chocolate and rearranges blanket*

10. When do you start looking forward to or getting excited for spring? 

January. Except I don't really like Spring either. It's still cold and wet outside, but at least in winter the ground is frozen and you're not walking in shin deep mud.


 Yay! Taggy Time! And I tag Ivie, Catherine, and Liliah...because I'm too lazy to sneak over to their blogs and tag them and I know they regularly read my posts.

(Also I know they'll probably put all sorts of pretty winter-y pictures in their posts)


-Mary Kate

Comments

  1. I was ready for Spring in early November....I can't stand the cold!

    Now I feel the need to get another blanket after reading this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE THE COLD SO MUCH. I currently have four thick blankets on my bed. FOUR.

      Delete
  2. Ah, excellent answers all 'round!
    Ah yes, many is the time I have regretted my fourteen year old self's choice of name, but what is done is done. I am pleased that you find it sinister.
    Hmm, I shall take your kind words about my blog and put them on a piece of paper in a bottle and creepily treasure them forever.

    ~ The Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to know my words shall be kept in a bottle! My dream is complete!

      Delete
  3. Haha, I feel like you know me too well. Anytime I see a Mary Kate post, I click it. XD This tag makes me miss Christmas a little. I will have to do this soon because I don't think Texas will be having six more weeks of winter. XD

    ~Ivie|Ivie Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...it probably would have been better if I'd actually done it around Christmas...
      oops.

      Delete
  4. How did I know you were going to tag me for this one too?? LOL, I must be psychic after all.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have my exact feelings for the snow. I wish it would go away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment