BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE: Karin and Farida and Some Other People

Ok people. We have good news and bad news.

The good news is that there is finally another Beautiful People link up!
The bad news is Cait and Skye have decided to put it on break.

Maybe forever. 


Most character questions will be directed at my narrators, Farida and Karin (your fav.) though some will answered off ALL stories I've ever written (like #5) and some will just be expertly dodged to keep the answers from revealing #SPOILERS!


Your favorite genre to write in? 
I have written a few (read: plotted) a few contemporary novels...and a few cringe-y historic fiction books...but I LOVE Fantasy. Fantasy is my  baby. 

What book (an actual published book!) do you think your character would benefit from reading?


Well, I honestly don't think Karin would benefit much from reading a book

Karin: *reads book about guy who won't let anybody in and suffers because of it*
Karin: *laughs*
Karin: Ha, glad I'm not stupid like that
Dalia: (who would have given him said book) >_<


Farida would benefit from any book with the message "Hang in there. It gets better." 
Or any book that could take her mind of her life.

Your favorite piece of dialog (you've written)?

I like the dialog in this scene...
I was doing fine until I bumped into the cookie sheets on the oven with the side of my hand and burned it.



And I may have said something…inappropriate. In French.



Then I did the classic mutter angry things under your breath and stick your hand in cold water. As I was leaning on the sink with my hand under running water, I hear someone say,



“So…do you always swear in French?”

I snapped my head around, hair flying, to see Brent leaning in the doorway with that stupid amused look on his face.



“Your dad let me in.” He added and I continued to stand there and stare at him.



Why was he in my house? And of course Dad would let him in. I can just see Brent meeting him at the door, introducing himself and shaking his hand. ‘Hi. I’m Brent. Do you mind if I come in and completely ruin your daughter’s day and her plans of solitude?’ and my dad being all. ‘Sure. Sure. Go right on in’ as he walks by, whistling off to work.
(From Capes, Coffee Shops & Cake. Kace's POV)



What did your character want to be when they grew up and what did they actually become? 
Farida wanted to be Queen...someday. And Karin didn't have much time to sit around thinking about what he wanted to be when he grew up. If he had, he probably would have wanted to grow up to never have to worry about going hungry and being with his family.

Farida ended up becoming the queen at a young age and Karin became a thief who doesn't stick around in one place to long.

Favorite Character's Name? 
Keria Elwood.  
And I love the name Nawa. 
And Kali.

What makes your character feel loved and who was the last person to make them feel that way?

I'm going to let Farida take this one, since Karin is the kind of person who never stays in one place or with one person for very long...

Favorite character you've ever written?

Kace from Capes, Coffee Shops & Cake. Because she's crazy wild and is constantly driving Lily crazy by parkouring everywhere and being a reckless muffin.

If your character was permanently leaving town, what would they easily throw out? What would they refuse to part with? Why?

Karin would easily throw out any thing. He could leave with nothing. But leaving Ziba, his faithful horse, would sting the most. 

Farida would be happy to leave. If given the chance, she would run then and there. But she would miss her friends and her books.

Favorite tropes to write?

Love to hate relationships. Either where they both hate the other, or it is an unrequited hatred...
Exasperated mentor and sassy apprentice. Granted, I've only written one of these...I think? You could possibly say that Karin and his friend have a similar mentor/apprentice relationship. Though its more of a WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP DOING STUPID THINGS AND TRYING NOT TO DIE?


Which story has your heart and won't let go?

I have no heart. 

I don't get attached. 

I'm a ...HEY!

 GET AWAY FROM THOSE STORIES! THEY'RE MINE. 
BACK! BACK!



 Favorite relationship between characters you've written?
  • The mentor-apprentice relationship between Grant and Ivy from In A Dream. 
  • I like the chemistry between Kace and Brent (from Capes, Coffee Shops & Cake) ever though it. wasn't. supposed. to. be. there.
  • The friendship between Lily and Kace
  • Lily You-Like-My-Friend-And-So-We-Are-Friends-And-I-Low-Key-Ship-You-Guys Relationship with Brent
  • Lily and Liam's adorableness
  • The banter between Keira and Elvin from In A Dream.
  • Farida and her three handmaidens. The different personalities clashing together, picking on each other and then instantly closing ranks when "some outsider" does something or when the others need help. AKA, they're besties.

Toni Morrison once said, "If there's a book you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you most write it." What are the books that you want to see more of and what "holes" do you think need filling in the literary world?

1. Tough girls who are still allowed to be feminine and don't look down on tasks like making food, raising children, etc.

2. Assassins, spies, soldiers and other "tough guys" who have personalities.
3. Also the ones who joke and are super chill no matter what happens.

4. Better girl friendships? Cause I feel like EVERY. SINGLE. CONTEMPORARY. ROMANCE. EVER. has group-of-girl-friends-who-are-super-close-and-then-a-guy-drives-them-all-apart. 

Or the friend just...isn't there? 

MORE FRIENDSHIPS! 

5. Food. A lot of food. 

6. Magical worlds that actually, oh I don't know....ACTUALLY FEEL MAGICAL? 


7. Witty banter

Favorite pinterest board or aesthetic for a book?

This one :) 

No. I'm sorry.  I lied.  

I love them all

Pinterest board for In A Dream
Pinterest board for Capes, Coffee Shops & Cake
Pinterest board for CCC, Lily's POV
Pinterest board for CCC, Kace's POV
Pinterest board for Twelve Golden Windows

Favorite time periods and settings to work with?

Current day or far enough back in time that they have swords and horses.  

When people are done reading your book, what feeling do you want them to come away with?

Satisfied, since its a stand alone...but also!  With a super high adrenaline...





So...
What are your favorite tropes? Hate to love relationships are the best, right?
 


    Comments

    1. *whispers* you didn't link a pinterest board...

      This post was EPIC. I NEED YOUR SUPERHERO STORY ON MY SHELF, LIKE, YESTERDAY!!!

      I'M ALREADY SHIPPING BRENT AND KACE SOOOOOOO HARD!!!!

      Love this!

      ~Ivie
      Ivie Writes
      Ivie Brooks, Author

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. *whispers* I fixed it.

        THEY'RE NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE THE MAIN SHIP. WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE LIKE THIS. I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THEY'LL BE TOGETHER IN THE SECOND BOOK.

        Delete
      2. *whispers* awesome

        BECAUSE I'M AN OBSESSIVE SHIPPER AND YOU HAVE ME SHIPPING MATERIAL!!! XD

        Delete
      3. UM, THOSE BOARDS MAKE ME WANT TO GET A PINTEREST! YOU ARE A MASTER! TEACH ME YOUR WAAAAAAYYYYYYYSSSS!!! XD

        Delete
      4. There is no "ways."

        I go "ooh! Pretty!" and I click.


        I am a magpie

        Delete
    2. Ahhh, I LOVED YOUR SNIPPET XDDDD

      ReplyDelete
    3. Loved your answers!
      Hate to love is always entertaining. How can anyone not ship Brent and Kace they have so much chemistry!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It was an accident. AN ACCIDENT! THEY WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO DO THAT

        Delete
    4. I think my favorite Pinterest board is for 12 Golden Windows. I'm sorry, it's dazzlingly beautiful!!

      Your remark is noted, and I will try to put more food in my books...(as if I'm not hungry enough when I write).

      Kace and Brent....Brece....I SHIP IT. "Do you always swear in French?" LOL! *makes a weird comment in Russian just to emphasize the foreign language mood*

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You made a ship name for Kace and Brent?
        I love it! It's perfect.

        Do you speak Russian?
        (I actually started learning French because of Capes, Coffee Shops & Cake...)

        Delete

    Post a Comment