Pros and Cons of Camp NaNoWriMo 2018



Pro

Cabins. I actually like Camp better then the official NaNoWriMo in November...because of the cabins. Its so fun to connect with new people, to have someone to wage word wars against......



 Con

Spring is here. 
So is spring cleaning. 
Good bye free time. 


Pro
Easter. 
Easter is the first this year, so 1.) Lent is over 2.) we all have stockpiles of candy in the house 
3.) chocolate will go on sale soon



Con
It's in April.  

Which is one of the busiest months of the year. There's finals for everyone in school, spring is here in full force and everyone has to start things like cleaning up the lawn,



Pro
It's April. Which means rain. And do you know what rain means? (Besides the horrible thing that keeps you trapped in the house and makes mud.) It means you have to stay inside, which means you're focused on your writings!


Con

I didn't manage to finish my last project (the first draft of Twelve Golden Windows) and so instead of starting a bright shiny NEW project, I get to keep plugging away at the one one. *weak cheer*

Pro

But hey! It's Camp NaNoWriMo! A time to write, to make new friends, get inspired about your story again...but mostly to write. 


So write on!
Mary Kate 



Comments

  1. I've never done NaNo. I'm still not doing it. I think it's too stressful. XD XD

    But, it's good to have the pro's and con's in case I decide to do it one day...

    ~Ivie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be stressful, but I guess it depends on whether you preform well under stress or not...

      Delete
    2. I do not perform well under stress, lol. XD

      Delete
  2. CAMP NANO, WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!! *screams*

    But all joking aside, I enjoy it a lot too. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You enjoying dying a lot too? ;P

      AND YES! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!

      Delete
    2. Who doesn't? >.<

      ACK, YESSS!!!

      Delete
  3. I honestly like Camp better because of the cabins too...(You know, we should create some sort of pseudo cabin for November, MK....I think it would be a ton of fun.)

    April is a super tough month to put Camp in - seriously people are finishing school and it's spring, so you're right...no free time. July is a little better in my opinion.

    Excellent post, MK!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they're a million times less stressful!

      But cabins. CABINS!

      Delete
  4. Ah the writing life... it can be so difficult this time. I'm just glad that it's not in November. 😛
    *wishes for more chocolate*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. November is just...crazy *stares blankly out over horizon*

      Delete
  5. YES about the cabins! It makes Camp all the more fun! I just love geeking out with my cabin mates (we're insane).

    I loved this list. Though honestly, April is one of the better months for me to write. The July Camp, however, is hard for me to have a big goal. But that's probably just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not just you. Or at least its just you and me :)

      I've never participated in the July camp...my summer was way to crazy last year and I don't know if I'll be doing it this year.

      Delete
  6. I'm doing it!!!! *screams* My goal is 80,000 words, and I'm already feeling the pain. But...WE'RE GONNA DO THIS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. My goal is only 20K (since I hadn't quite settled on a project and I panicked) GO! WE BELIEVE IN YOU!

      Delete
  7. Don't have time for Nano, sadly. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skye! And congrats on Falling Snow!

      (And yes. I'm probably going to keep saying this for the next 10 years)

      Delete
  8. I hope you have an awesome Camp NaNo, Mary Kate!:)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  9. I kind of a little bit agree with you about Camp being funner. I mean, the Cabins are EPICCCCC and I like getting to set my own goal.

    However. That being said, NaNoWriMo the Offical is the only time I take my writing seriously enough to use NaNo as an excuse to get out of things. "Can I do this chore later, it's NaNo?" "Can I not run tonight, it's NaNo?" And so on.

    During camps, I mostly don't even mention to the outside world that I'm doing, and just try to weasel in my time count as best I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody finally put it in words!

      I'm always super serious about "Offical" NaNoWriMo, but I think I end up actually getting more done @ camp...

      Delete

Post a Comment