Spring Cleaning Writer's Tag

So I was tagged by Skye, the queen of the Ink Castles, for the Spring Cleaning Writer Tag. If you haven't seen Skye's blog yet then GO! HER AMAZING SNOW WHITE RETELLING, FALLING SNOW, GOT PICKED TO BE IN FIVE POISONED APPLES! GO! BEGONE FROM MY SIGHT! AND DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU DO!





*ahem*

 
Rules: 
Link back to the person who tagged you
Share the picture
Answer the questions
Tag 3 other writers

1. Dust-bunnies and Plot-bunnies: Reorganize Your Writing Goals (Or Make New Ones)

Ok... 
So my January writer goals were: 

1. Read 150 New Books 
Working on it! I've only read 13 books this year, but knowing me I'll have a giant reading spike this summer and end up reading 200 books.

2. Write two brand new First Drafts
I started Twelve Golden Windows and am about half way through it now.  And I have a handful of other novel ideas that I can't wait to get started on. The hard part will be picking one! And I already know what my NaNoWriMo Project is going to be...so there's two already.

3. Revise at least one of my old drafts into a working First Draft
I have this one novel that I started working on and I plotted the whole thing out...(it badly needed to be replotted) and I told my sister about 80% of it...but not the ending. I may or may not have cliffhangered her...and she's still mad.
 
4. Do Camp NaNoWriMo
Planning on doing April's Camp NaNoWriMo (with a secret project that is yet to be revealed), but there is a possibility that I could do July's Camp NaNoWriMo too. It depends how busy I am with college-prep. 

5. And NaNoWriMo
 I'll be working on the second book in my superhero trilogy. 

AND BAD THINGS ARE COMING
MUWAHAHAHA!

6. Get one of my stories to the 3rd Draft/First Edit Stage
Currently I'm planning on starting editing for Twelve Golden Windows this summer, but maybe I'll end up getting TWO stories to the editing stage. 
7. Get a story to Alpha Readers 
Soon! SOON!
(I hope)
8. Beta Readers?
Maybe late in the summer? I kind of want to have Twelve Golden Windows edited and either ready for the beta readers or already given to the betas BEFORE I head off to college this summer...
9. Plot a horde of new novels
Have a bunch of plot bunnies that I have been growing and training up into a bunny sled team (one team per novel) and brainstorming ideas, but I have yet to plot anything. 
Well, actually I DID plot the majority of that one story...
Plotting is what I plan on doing any time I take a break from Twelve Golden Windows (or whatever my current project is) so my fingers don't forget how to type...again.
10. Start working on query letters and researching agents
I have been working on query letters, but I'm leaving off all agent research until I'm a little closer to my goal. Otherwise, half of them will no longer be taking stories and I'll also be really bored with the whole process and that'll take all the fun out of it. 


2.

  2. Which Stage Are You At? Expound!
a. Remodeling layouts (planning the story)
b. Painting the walls in colorful hues (writing)
c. Polishing the windows and scrubbing the floors and putting flowers in vases (editing)
d. Blueprints (not to the cleaning or remodeling yet… just drawing up plans for the very beginning inklings of a story)
e. Some combination of those things (cleaning out a closet)
I'd say I'm in stage b. with Twelve Golden Windows, some minor stage c. work (also with Twelve Golden Windows) and working on stages d. and a. with various projects. 

 3. Treasure From the Back of the Closet (Share one to three snippets you love!)


Karin’s horse leaned out its head slightly and he pulled it back before it could eat one of the flower heads.
“Don’t you dare.” He whispered out of the corner of his mouth.
The horse snorted.


  3.5. Bonus: Do Some Actual Spring Cleaning of Your Writer Self! (and share a picture!)

Me? Clean? *dies laughing* 

And I tag: 

Lia at @ The Singing Writer, because you could total do this with song writing. Plus she's hording her newest song and won't let me read it. #rude
Also because she was pestering me while I was working on this post
Ivie @ Ivie Writes because her book is coming out this summer and AAAH! #Excited
Jem Jones @ Jem Jones, Writer because I was hungry while writing this and therefore thought of Tim Tams, which led to Australia which led to Jem Jones which led to her Beauty and The Beast retelling

If anyone else would like to do this tag, DO IT. But come back and tell me so I can see it.
MK

Comments

  1. AAAAAHHH, THANK YOU!! <3 <3 You're so sweet. <3

    ~Ivie| Ivie Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone thinks I'm sweet!

      Well, that's a first :P

      Delete
    2. Well, I was going to say... "You're so sweet... when you aren't drinking the blood of enemies." But I was trying to be nice since you're excited for my book. XD XD

      Delete
  2. Well someone is scrubbing away at their writing house! Such an awesome tag and you did a great job with it!! I loved the snippet! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the writing house though. The rest of it...not so much :)

      Delete
  3. That intro though! XD Thanks!!!!
    That is a lot of goals, my goodness! O.O
    I love that snippet! Karin is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karin is the bright spot of the writing. I always get excited when I write him because he's just. so. crazy.

      CONGRATS AGAIN ON THE FIVE POISONED APPLES WIN AGAIN!

      Delete
  4. I'M SO TEMPTED TO STEAL TAG....BUT I MUST RESIST.

    Oh well, maybe I'll save it for later.....meaning next year sometime.

    And yes, that snippet is a treasure. Must hoard that one.

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it's so short.

      So easy.

      Listen to it, Catherine.

      It's saying, "Steal me. Steal me."

      Delete
  5. Ahh I love your goals! They're so detailed and also AWESOME. (Good luck with the querying when you get up to it!) And eep, NaNos! I always find them so fun but I don't know if i'm participating in any this year. I've been totally unproductive.😂Well except for edits, but they go so sloooow. Anyway this was so fun to read! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Overly detailed things are both my greatest strength and my greatest weakness :)
      "I've been totally unproductive" Cait says as she publishes her debut novel and edits and writes millions and millions of words annually.
      :P

      Delete

Post a Comment