Books To Read By The Beach // because we all want books filled with sand

This post was inspired by the Top Ten Tuesday Prompt. Top Ten Tuesday is a book blogger link up run by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week's prompt? Beach Reads!


What's the perfect beach read? 

A Shark Horror Story!



I kid. I kid. 




Fluffy Quick Reads...why do we always think of these as SUMMER reads? Because there's always something fun going on. If you're reading that dark fantasy book that will take you half the day to read, then you'll be stuck in the book world.

Not that that is a bad thing. Often the book world is exactly where we want to be! But it's harder to peel yourself away from that epic high stakes fantasy. The fluffy, semi-cliche teen romance? Not so much.




Light Hearted Stand Alones?


1. P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

2. By Your Side by Kasie West




A series?

3. I'd Tell You That I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter//The Gallagher Girls series (6 books and 2 short stories)

4. Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch and companion novel Lucky In Love


5. Dragon Slippers by  Jessica George Day  (A light hearted trilogy of shorter novels.)




Something a little more....classical? 

6. Faro's Daughter by Georgette Heyer (

7. Simon the Cold Hearted by Georgette Heyer (Set in medieval France...)




A less lighter hearted book, but still...stand alone. Fairly short...could possibly creep you out while you're sitting near the ocean...

8. Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. 



-MK

Comments

  1. I'll have to check out some of these. I'm not a beach person, though. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember if you were the person who wanted books with less romance...but Love & Luck has zero romance in it. (Or maybe .5?)

      Delete
    2. Not me. GIVE ME ALL THE MUSHY FEELS!!! JK, I like books with romantic subplots, but not romance as a main theme. XD BUT I will check it out!

      Delete
  2. I don't like reading at the beach, but these sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, beaches are nice...but who wants a wet sandy book?

      Delete
  3. I'm creeped out just by being at the beach, period. Forgetting bringing a book to read...

    Weird people everywhere, uncomfortable sand under my feet, and who knows what is lurking in the water, ready to bite me, sting me, or otherwise dismember me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mainly the weird people thing...I'd be too busy watching people to make sure they didn't come ANYWHERE NEAR ME (Back, back!) to actually read...

      Delete
  4. OKAY, I AM GOING TO THE BEACH IN A FEW WEEKS AND I AM GOING TO RE-READ THE SCORPIO RACES WHILE THERE, BECAUSE THAT SOUNDS EPIC. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE MOST EPIC THING EVER!!! Especially if you made some sort of drippy honey cake...(sounds sticky!)

      Delete

Post a Comment