Two Five-Star Sequels from June: Love and Luck + Legendary




LOVE AND LUCK BY JENNA EVANS WELCH: Minimal Romance and ALL THE FEELS!

(Love and Luck isn't really a sequel...it's a companion novel...I think?)

I expected Love and Luck to be more like Love and Gelato. A short sweet story with a slightly less sugar coated, but still sweet romance and food references.

Well...I was right about the food. (There was dry cereal eaten throughout)


Love and Luck takes place over three days (I think) and so it makes sense that there is very little romance between Addie and the love interest. It wasn't a love story, it was a story about friendship, sibling bonds and healing.

 One thing I really loved is how much Addie loves working on cars. It was kind of fun to see her constantly being the one fixing things (be it a leaky roof or a dragging tailpipe) while the boys kind of awkwardly stood by.

The book setting was amazing, set in a magical yet constantly raining Ireland. The side characters, as in Love and Gelato, were brilliantly written and vibrant characters.




To all my readers out there who love books with no romance or very little romance, I highly recommend this book.

But to the rest of my readers, my readers who want a short sweet story...I'd still suggest you give this book a try.





LEGENDARY BY STEPHANIE GARBER: I'm still screaming 


 I thought Caraval was good. But Legendary? It was million times more magical, more colorful, more exciting, more adventurous...

Maybe because Tella is the narrator in this book or maybe because this Caraval is special.

One thing I loved about Legendary is that fact that Tella is not a girl who needs saving...At one point, Tell gets herself into a rough spot and she's thinking "Oh, where is so-and-so when you need him?" And then, when all hopes seems lost...and right at the moment that I expected the before mentioned so-and-so to show up...Tella gathers her strength and fights through and wins.

And don't worry all you people who want at least one swoon worthy rescue...you still get one. Just not then.

I probably should be making this review longer, but I only just finished yesterday and I'm still internally screaming...




Have you read any of these books? Are you planning to?


Comments

  1. Argh, I need to read both of these....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing :) Completely different moods romance wise, but both amazing in their own ways

      Delete
  2. I NEED LEGENDARY!!! I am so excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister was reading it and we just heard her randomly angrily scream from the other end of the house and were like, "Yep. She's reading Legendary."

      no worries though...

      All good things
      All good things

      Delete
  3. I just finished Caraval it was so good! I think I'm going to like Legendary even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might try reading these books, I certainly want to.

    Maia
    https://idleteenagerebellion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope you give them a try because they're beautiful :)

      What kind of books do you normally read?

      Delete

Post a Comment