Rainy Day Reads


This post was inspired by the Top Ten Tuesday prompt from That Artsy Reader Girl! Be sure to check out her blog!



Well, first of all, any book is a rainy day read. You just read it while it's raining and there you go.

But here are the top ten books that I want to read when it's raining.


A fluffy cliche contemporary novel:

While there are some that don't fall into this category, but for the most part, I don't actually mind a cliche plot when I'm read a contemporary novel. A cliche plot is comforting, familiar. It doesn't take a ton of effort on my part. What I do want from these novels is relatable, lovable characters and couples with good chemistry.

1. P.S. I Like You - Kasie West
2. Open Road Summer - Emery Lord


A slightly dry but very interesting nonfiction book:

I think I've said this before, but nonfiction is the only kind of book I can actually drink tea or coffee while reading. Every other book, if I am to enjoy it, is so riveting I can't be bothered to remember to take a sip of my rapidly cooling drink. And then it just gets cold and I have to rewarm it and...coffee just isn't the same rewarmed.

1. Churchill's Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare - Giles Milton
(There isn't a second book listed because usually, except for the occasional fact check or rereading of bits or pieces, I don't reread nonfiction.  But this book was amazing and I need to buy a copy so I can reread it constantly.)

An old favorite:

1. Six of Crows - Leigh Bardugo
(I bet you're all super surprised by this one)
2. A Crown of Wishes - Roshani Chokshi
3. Cross My Heart And Hope To Spy - Ally Carter



A classic:

1. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
2. The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien (shh. It counts.)



Or something I've been looking forward to reading for the first time:

1. Nothing Left to Burn - Heather Ezell
2. The Blood Race - K.A. Emmons*


 So there you have it! The ten books I'd be most likely to pick up right now if it started raining!
What would you read?













*Braces myself for Ivie







Comments

  1. That asterisk! Lol!!

    I love reading just about anything on rainy days, but contemporary books do seem to lend themselves to that aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so aesthetic, but I don't think I've ever actually sat down and read a contemporary book when it was raining. Probably because they're so short so I just read them on non-rainy days?

      Delete
  2. *cough cough* *waiting in the comment section for Ivie* XD

    Great post! I need to read a lot of these, especially A Crown of Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! My bestie loaned me her copy and I reread it and !!!!! I love it so much!

      Also I am slightly disappointed that Ivie hasn't shown up. Mentioning The Blood Race is like the Ivie Bat Signal.

      Delete
  3. I like to read anything I need to read on a rainy day. I don't get a lot of rainy days where I live. ;)
    I don't always have a lot of time to read either.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rains (and snows) alot here, but I also have no time to read and it's terrible :(

      Delete
  4. Awesome list! I really need to read Six of Crows (what am I doing with my life?). Pride and Prejudice is so good! I love rereading it. I read Northanger Abbey last year, and it'd make a good rainy day read too. I think Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman would be nice when it's storming hard out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read Northanger Abbey...Is it good?
      AND YES! SOC and P&P ARE TWO OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS EVER!

      If I was going for the most dramatic read for a storm I think I'd go with The White Horse. It's my favorite epic poetry tale thingy.

      Delete
  5. Great choices! I always find myself rereading Six of Crows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SIX OF CROWS IS AMAZING AND I WILL NEVER STOP SCREAMING ABOUT IT!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment