The Taylor Swift Book Tag

I know what you're thinking. You stole this, didn't you? (Yes I did) And we know where you got it! From The Singing Writer! Yes...BUT! I actually stole it from TWO of her posts. This is a mash-up of her February post and her recent August post.

And to make it even better! I'm giving my opinions on each song!







We're Never Getting Back Together: A book/series you thought you would love, but ended up disliking. 

I actually hated this song for a long time because I watched it in an era where every new song I looked up, I watched the music video. The creepy costumes scarred me and it took a long time before I could listen to it without getting flashbacks. While it's not a favorite now, I CAN listen to it without the feelings of horror. 

The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson

I literally can't talk about this book. It aggravated me SO MUCH. Series. Ask poor Lia. She had to listen to me rage on and on about it.


Red: A book with a red cover

This is one of the songs that I KNOW I've listened to, but honestly, have no memory of. 


Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman


The Best Day: A book that makes you feel nostalgic 

Is this the one about her mum? It's cute..

Anything by Marguerite Henry (Misty of Chincoteague, King of the Wind, Born to Trot)

Also, completely irrelevant but I just spelled Chincoteague without pausing to think about it. 



Love Story: A book with forbidden love

Aw. This was one of the first Taylor Swift songs I heard. Naturally, it was also the first one I made up parody lyrics to and mocked.  

Ah, but there are so many ways that love can be forbidden.
You can have a love that is forbidden by the characters themselves, like Kaz and Inej in Six of Crows
Or by who/what they are like Wolf by Wolf or To Kill A Kingdom. Or by statuses like Pride and Prejudice.

I Knew You Were Trouble: A bad character you couldn't help but love

I kept trying to listen to the song, but I ended up watching the music video and it envolves Taylor wandering around in confusion and silence FOREVER. AND IT NEVER SEEMED TO END. And then I forgot about it. Luckily, it was playing in a gas station at some point and I finally got to hear it. 

Jack from Legendary
Kaz from Six of Crows
Nik from Gemina
Luka from Wolf by Wolf
Jest from Heartless
Lira from To Kill A Kingdom
Agent Townsend from The Gallagher Girls Series


I suppose none of these characters are portrayed as villains in their book...
Though, if we're talking about loving someone even though we KNOW it'll end in heartbreak then HOW ABOUT EVERY CHARACTER YOU LOVE WHO DIES AND EVERY TIME YOU REREAD THE BOOK YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH THEM AGAIN? *SOBS*



Innocent: A book someone ruined for  you

Have I ever even heard the song? 

I don't remember someone spoiling a book...I don't like it when it happens, but I don't dwell on it I guess?

Though, one time I read the twelfth book in The Ranger's Apprentice series first (why? I don't know. I thought it looked cool and picked it up and we didn't have the first one laying about so I opened it and the next thing I knew I'd finished it.) AND SOMEONE WAS DEAD. It was a major plot point in the story and yet when I went back and started reading from the beginning, I'd completely forgotten who had died. 


 Everything Has Changed: A character who went through massive character development

Hey! I actually remember this one!

Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows
Cath from Heartless (Laughs even though I know Lia will murder me later)
Eelyn from Sky in the Deep
Lira from To Kill A Kingdom
Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit
Macy from The Gallagher Girls Series
Maddie from The Royal Ranger
Aubree from Wanderlost

I could go on...


You Belong With Me: Your most anticipated book release

This is the first Taylor Swift song I ever heard, I think... 

The Stars We Steal by Alexa Donne
Promises to be based around diplomacy which is cool. But also SPACE PRINCESSES!

Rogue Princess by B.R. Myers
Also about SPACE PRINCESSES but this one steals a spaceships and flies away!

And to buck the space princess theme...
Rent A Boyfriend by Gloria Chao

Partially because it promises a FAKE DATING situation, which I adore...but also because I kind of feel like I'll need to resort to a fake boyfriend at some point or risk the wrath of my grandma.

Forever and Always: Your favorite book couple

Ok. The amount of these songs that I HAVEN'T heard is getting out of hand...

Well, I wrote a post on it in 2018 which can be found HERE.
But since then I have added:

Macy and Wes from The Truth About Forever
Cinderella and Fredrich from Cinderella and the Colonel


Come Back...Be Here: The book you're the least likely to loan out

I had no idea this was a song...

I don't own a lot of physical books...The ones I do own, I am more than willing to loan out. So either my physical copy of Six of Crows in french (because demand is very low for that one) or one of my kindle books.

Teardrops on My Guitar: A book that made you cry

Is this the angst highschool HE LOVES SOMEONE ELSE song? 

I never cry over books. Actually, I barely cry PERIOD.

Shake It Off: A book you love that other people hate

The Throne of Glass series by Sara J Maas.
(And to be fair, I can see why people don't like it. It starts out with a solidly YA book and just becomes more new adult fiction as it goes, Celeana can be kind of annoying...)
I still love it though.


Stay, Stay, Stay: A book that you wanted to go on forever

Ok...maybe I should start listening to these songs

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

All Too Well: A book series you wish could go on forever

Hey! Another one I know!

The Gallagher Girls series

Ronan: A book with a tragic character death / the death of an innocent

I've also heard this song. This is the one she wrote about that little boy, right?

I don't know. Mine?

Out of the Woods: A book that worried you about the characters up until the end

*singing* I don't know this one either!

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo and might I say, I wasn't wrong?

Getaway Car: A book with a tempestuous romance

I actually HAVE heard this one too! Is any one surprised that I listened to the crime based one... 
Caraval and Legendary 
Probably Finale too, 


Clean: A book that taught you something profound

She has a song called Clean? Ok, come on. These are fake. I couldn't have not even heard of these songs before...right?

Screwtape Letters by C.L. Lewis. 
I don't know about PROFOUND but it does make you think. Also, they're really funny. 


Long Live: A book that transports you every time  

I may have actually heard this one? It sounds familiar...

Falling Snow by Skye Hoffert
While I don't remember the descriptions being especially detailed or anything...it's just her prose and writing voice and her characters. You always feel like you're standing in a dark alley way surrounded by cigarette smoke and the whole gangster, prohibition, roaring twenties vibe.

You're Not Sorry: A book that unapologetically broke your heart

Also haven't heard this one...

This Ends With Us
I read it expecting a fluff romance and boy oh boy did I get sent to school. 

Back to December: A book you still think about even after you finished

I've heard this one! I even vaguely remember what it was about! 

The Gallagher Girls series, especially the first two books.

If This Were A Movie: A book you really want to see turned into a movie

I've heard this one too! Hurrah!  

I would want ALL of my favorite books to be turned into movies, but am also TERRIFIED of them being turned into movies so...

Gorgeous: A book with a beautiful cover

Aww. This song is cute. 

I was going to say Six of Crows, but I've used that answer waaaay too much already... 
To Kill A Kingdom is also beautiful 
Star Touched Queen and A Crown of Wishes
Winter
The Language of Thorns
Scorpio Races
I also like The Art of Feeling. It's so clean and minimalistic!


Never Grow Up: A book that gives you childhood nostalgia 

Ok. This song/question = an earlier song "The Best Day" so I'm just going to change the question and little bit and go with a book that had a child character I loved.

Also: I have never heard this song before in my life and I have never even heard someone say this was a song she wrote. It sounds like the fake answer on a Taylor Swift song quiz.

The Way To Game the Walk of Shame has a GREAT little sister! She was so cute and i just LOVED her. Also, PS I Like You has younger brothers. And while they aren't as adorable, they are in the story a little more...

Sparks Fly: A book you instantly clicked with

Ooh! This is actually one of my all-time favorite Taylor Swift songs!

There are a handful but..
PS I Like You 
It reminded me of Lia before I got through the first page and I messaged her like GIRL. YOU'VE GOT TO READ THIS!

 

Style: A classic that never gets old

Ok...apparently I really REALLY need to listen to more of her songs
Pride and Prejudice
And any of Shakespeare's comdies.




Bad Blood: A series where you liked the first book and hated the second

I love this song. The music video is so fun! ASSASSINS! Or just...highly trained violent people? Spies? Mercenaries? Doesn't matter!

Percy Jackson and the Olympians.


JK JK. I can just see Lia having a seizure. 



The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson

I literally can't talk about this book. It aggravated me SO MUCH. Series. Ask poor Lia. She had to listen to me rage on and on about it. I liked the first book well enough. I wasn't crazy about it, but I liked it enough to read the entire second book. 
Even though I hated it. 
Just incase it suddenly got good.


It didn't. 








AND! That is the end of the tag!
I'm not tagging people, but if you want to do the tag feel free to snag it!
(Just comment when you post so I can see it!)

MK




Comments

  1. Yeah, I haven't heard any Taylor Swift songs.... Nice tag though!

    astorydeteictive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?
      Thank you! You should totally steal the tag and write your assumptions about each song based on the title.
      What genre of music do you like best?

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this tag! <3 <3 <3 (Your opinions on the song were hilarious XD)

    Hehe, I didn't know she had a song called Clean either, until I was assigned to write a short story based on it for a writing contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Whew. Glad I'm not the only person who didn't know about it. I kind of feel like I should go listen to it now...but who's got the time for that?

      Delete
  3. I'm just innocently reading this, because I love Taylor Swift, books, and your blog. And then I see my story, and I just ?!?
    Ahhh! Thank you!!! This means a lot, and you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOOOOOVE FALLING SNOW. AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY CREEPY FAE BOI. I SAW THE PINTEREST BOARD AND DO I SENSE A TRAGIC BACKGROUND?

      Delete
  4. SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT! A lot is going on with him. He's always up to something.
    Yes, a bit! Actually, his whole life is somewhat tragic. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Not that I enjoy characters suffering) BUT I DID SENSE A TRAGIC STORY! AND I AM SO HAPPY!

      Delete

Post a Comment