10 Books With Musicans // Rated and Ranked






 10. 
This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen

Sarah Dessen books seem to be kind of hit or miss to me. I wasn't a huge fan of this one, but it wasn't terrible either. I honestly can't remember much from it. But I do remember that there was a band in it.

9. 
You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon

This is a story about twins, hereditary diseases, and violin. 
There wasn't really anything wrong with this story. It was well written and the characters were well developed...It just wasn't my cup of tea. 
8. 

Love Songs and Other Lies by Jessica Pennington
    
So! Another YA Contemporary novel with a plot I don't remember! But I DO remember that it had a traveling van and fake dating. (Wait. Was this the one with fake dating? IDK...It wasn't fake dating that turns into real dating so naturally I just chucked out the memory as soon as I finished reading it.  
7. 
 A Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G. Drews
Music (piano) is a very imporatnt part of the story. I loved the characters! They were all so vivid and unique and alive.  



6.
Ranger’s Apprentice: Sorcerer of the North by John Flanagan

RANGER'S APPRENTICE! (The main character, Will,  learns to play the mandolin.)

5. 
Ranger's Apprentice: Seige of Macindaw by John Flanagan

Both number 5 and number 6 are from the same series (and happen right after one another) so I just listed them in that order.


4.
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord

Traveling with a bunch of musicians, musicians performing, musicians writing music, musicians...
Also, it's very cute.


3.
P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

She plays the guitar an writes music and has big, big dreams. THERE IS ALSO BOY DRAMA AND A ENEMIES TO LOVERS ROMANCE!!!!

2.
100 Days Of Sunlight by Abbie Emmons
   
The boy (Wes) plays the ukulele and it plays a part in the story, but the story isn't based around music. BUT GUYS. THIS BOOK IS SO CUTE. 

1.
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Tolkiens writing is littered with songs and singing. But the Hobbit actually has people PLAYING instruments!  I wish I could remember what they played off the top of my head, but I do remember that there was a flute. Three flutes, (Orni, Nori and Dori???) Oh and Kili and Fili had fiddles. Bombur has a...drum? Two clarinets, two of some sort of viola/violin-like instrument and Thorin had a harp.

Me: "I have no idea"
Also me: *writes out the majority of the instruments from memory*

Huh. I guess I know it better than I thought.


What is the best book you've read with a musician? Have you read any of these books? Do you think you don't remember something and then accidentally remember all of it?
TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT!
MK


Comments

  1. i love the picture you picked for the cover!!!! Also yes to all the books!!!
    i can also suggest This Is What It Feels Like by Rebecca Barrow. It was amazing! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!
      Ooh! Interesting! *runs to look up the book*

      Delete
  2. Your bit about The Hobbit made me laugh. XD It's one of my favorite books and I can't even remember half of their names, I can't memorize their insturments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason I can remember their names is I watched the Hobbit WAAAY too many times and remember Gandalf constantly counting them like a exasperated school teacher with grade school kids :D

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J+M+J
    Forgive a spontaneous commenter, but I saw "musicians" and I was immediately all ears... I just love books that have musicians in them!! (And I love them ten times more if there's a composer as well!)
    Yes, that is the best... thinking you don't know something and then reciting it all from memory... I normally do the first part, but the second's a bit more rare, haha.
    (The Hobbit is an amazing book though, on so many fronts: that being one of them.)

    The Doorman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you like books with composers you should read A Thousand Perfect Notes. The main character (Beck) composes music and plays classical piano!

      Delete
  5. When I first saw the title of the post, I misread as museums. But then I realized later it was about musicals, which is awesome because I happen to be one. :D I agree with you about the Hobbit, the I think one of the best parts of the book is the music Tolkien wrote. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *musicians, sorry I typed this fast.

      Delete
    2. To be fair, books about museums would be cool too

      What instrument do you play?

      Delete
  6. The Hobbit is perfect for this.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment