2020 Writing Goals






NOVELLING GOALS: 

My current (secret) project "T.B.P." AKA "The Big Project" is moving along quite nicely! Currently, I'm deep in the pit of rewrites. Basically, everything is going to be about this novel this year...

  • Finish the Second Draft/Rewrite of TBP
    My plan is to have this done by the middle of February, but hopefully, I can have it done before the end of the month!
      
  • The First Edit / Third Draft of TBP
    Does this terrify me? Yes. Yes, it does.
    Currently, my plan is to start this in February after I finish the second draft and have it done before the end of March. I've never made it to the editing stage on a novel, so I don't really have a good way of gauging how long the process will take me.
     
  • Get that version of TBP to my alpha reader "Alshain"
    Pro tip: If you have a friend who loves to spellcheck things PUT THEM TO GOOD USE!
    And yes! I did give all my alpha readers cute star names!
      
  • Send TBP out to Betas!
    I am so excited for this stage! But it'll probably be a while...And of course, before I call for betas I'm going to have to actually announce what my story is about...
      
  • Draft another novel!
    Do I think I'll actually be able to focus on this novel and get a first draft written any time soon? No.
    Do I think it'll be fun and give me a mental break from TBP for a bit?
    YES!
  • Write query letters
    IT'S FREAKING ME OUT AND IT'S STILL MONTHS AWAY
     
  • QUERY AGENTS
    *internal screaming*   




BLOGGING GOALS: 

  • Follow more blogs!
     
  • Actually, comment on the blogs I follow! 
    Because I tend to read posts on my phone while I'm out and about and then just...never comment.
     
  • Expand connections!
     
  • Post regularly
    With the exceptions of mini hiatuses during finals weeks and my usual hiatus in July. 

Why do I get the feeling that the blogging goals are going to be more painful than the writing goals?
Do you have any good editing tips? What are your plans for 2020?

Comments

  1. My editing tip is to use Scrivener (or the free Shaxpir, which is similar). Being able to divide up things by chapters or scenes is so useful for navigating and moving/adding/removing big chunks of story around. Plus you can leave notes for each chapter/scene and honestly, that just really helps keep things a little more tidy. :)

    Good luck on your goals - YOU GOT THIS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I should look into that...I have the free trial from Scrivener, but I'm kind of scared to use it because WHAT IF I DON'T SAVE EVERYTHING AT THE END OF THE TRIAL AND LOSE IT ALL?

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, I am so excited for TBP!! And your blogging goals are amazing ;) I always find myself reading posts and wanting to comment but never having time do actually do so, which I’d love to change this year XD

    You totally got this, girl!! Happy new year <3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's to actually commenting on posts this year!!!

      Thank you! I'm so excited to finally talk about TBP, I can hardly wait!

      Delete
  3. Spell checking friends are awesome if i do say so myself :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with the writing goals. I do the reading blogs on my phone and then never commenting thing too. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can barely comment on my own posts sometimes, lol

      Delete

Post a Comment