Awkward and Awesome: Editing

I have been reading this scene over and over. I have never hated the sight of my own writing more.



Awkward:


  • When you read the same bit of your story over and over and over again until you can't stand the sight of it
  • Seriously. If this book ever gets into print, I won't even be able to LOOK at it because I'll just be sitting there like, "NO. I DONT NEED TO OPEN IT. I KNOW EVERY WORD. IT HAS BEEN IMPRINTED INTO MY BRAIN!"
  • Realizing there is one word or two that you consistently spell wrong (though that's not terrible since then you can just search the document for it and viola!) 
  • WHY did I spell one character's name in at least three different ways?  
  • WHAT IS THIS? I know I made up the country, but I should still stick to one spelling don't you think?
  • Your friends sitting there like...We've seen how you text and how riddled your drafts are with typos. Do you REALLY think you're the best person to fix that? 




Awesome:
  • You're one step closer to finishing!
  • Honestly, a lot of people never make it to the second draft. And yet you made it to the edits? HOW COOL IS THAT
  • Finally. Your story won't be an absolute embarrassment when you let people read it 
  • Its faster than writing...especially if you've already finished the macro edits and you're just doing line edits.  
  • And yet it still manages to crawl by at the speed of a snail...

What do you guys think of editing?
MK

Comments

  1. It's faster than writing and still manages to crawl by at the speed of a snail. YES. *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so relatable and I still struggle looking at mine in print, so your definitely right about that. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping it would get better the farther along the book gets...RIP
      XD XD XD

      Delete
  3. I like to edit sometimes. I've been super slow at it right now. I am mostly just happy it is finished. But yeah I won't be reading it for a while once I'm done.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I honestly can't understand how authors go on a book tour and smile and talk about their books right after theyre published. I'd probably be sitting there like, "Yes! I have a book published! I'm so excited! And NO I dont want to talk about it or hear anyone talk about it or even look at it right now." lol

      Delete

Post a Comment