20 Things I Learned in 20 Years

So...I am twenty.
And have been for a few months, I just think it's really weird to think that I have been alive for two decades...

But hey! It's free blog post material! That's one thing I learned that isn't on this list! Capitalize on your own pain experiences!



1. How to fold origami
     
2. Exactly three magic tricks (ok...that's a lie. 3 and a half.)
   
3. A little PSE
   
4. The different between ASL and PSE
   
5. How to sign God Bless America (The song) in PSE
   
6. How to speak a second language (I didn't say how well! But I know enough French now to act like a confused french woman who doesn't speak English when I want to get rid of telemarketers! Though unless they also speak french, I suppose I could technically just list fruit and vegetables in a conversational tone and it wouldn't really matter? Oh well...)
   
7. How to touch type
         
8. How to cook (I'm pretty good if I do say so myself!)
  
9. How to make coffee in a Moka pot
   
10. That exercise makes you feel LESS tired. huh.
    
11. How to memorize poems quickly. And coincidentally, I learned many poems! (The Charge of the Light Brigade is fun to recite!)
   
12. How to put on red lipstick with a crisp clean line. (The secret is to not be afraid. Much like liquid eyeliner, red lipstick can sense fear.)
   
13. How to crochet 
    
14. How to identify three constellations from memory! (The others I need to glance at notes or a star map to know what I'm looking for...)
    
15. That basically everyone is just winging it too
  
16. Learned to walk in three-inch heels! I can also run and walk up and down flights of stairs with a book on my head while wearing them!
       
17. Unlike Peter Kavinsky, I know what the extra forks are for! And I can dine in Continental and European style. (Which mostly just boils down to what hand the fork is in.)
     
18. What European pastries taste like. And German pretzels. THERE'S NO GOING BACK NOW PEOPLE!
       
19. The complex order to strap on a full-sized hiking pack. (The hips come first and that one thingy you have to tighten comes last.)
                 
20. THAT LITTLE DOGS ARE NOT LIKE CATS. YOU CANNOT JUST DROP THEM OUT OF THE AIR AND EXPECT THEM TO LAND ON THEIR OWN FEET. THEY WILL SPLAT. THE OWNER WILL LOOK AT YOU AGAST. IT WILL HAUNT YOU EVERY TIME YOU SEE A SMALL DOG.



    -MK

    Comments

    1. dude i just laughed so hard XD The Peter Kavinsky thing got me. ANd the little dogs, i am haunted now.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. WELL, IT CERTAINLY ISN'T SO YOU CAN DROP ONE ON THE FLOOR AND HAVE A BACKUP

        Delete
    2. The last one... just I have had that moment and it's horrifying! XD

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THE PERSON WELL.
        I JUST WAS HANDED THEIR DOG, IT SQUIRMED AND I EMOTIONLESSLY THREW IT ON THE PAVEMENT O_O

        Delete
    3. The little dogs thing...YES! Like, I would be so guilty of that if I spent any time around small dogs. I mean, granted, I do usually set my cat down gently, but I don't fret much if he drops out of my arms. It's usually his own choice. But little dogs...they squirm so much and it's just second nature to let them drop.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Exactly!
        My cats tend to prefer jumping down so you just kind of open your arms just enough that you're just barely supporting them and they jump down on their own. Or you just lower them slightly and let go! Dogs don't, you know, always land on their feet...

        Delete

    Post a Comment