The Lilah Music Challenge // Two Year Anniversary of the Horrible Tag


So two years ago (almost exactly) my friend had a blogoversary. Her first year of blogging! (on that blog anyway.)

And she foolishly decided to have an AMA (Ask Me Anything...)

If you're new here, you can read the full story of what happened next in the tab on the top left of the page labeled, "The Lilah Music Challenge." But basically, I was the worst best friend.

You can also steal the list of questions from there if you want to do that tag.
You can also find the rules there because I'm too lazy to put them here even if it just means copying and pasting them. And anyway, this post is going to be long enough as is.

 


  1. One song on the radio that annoys you?
     I haven't listened to the radio in so long...
       
  2.  One song that you love and sing along to every time it comes on the radio
     If I know the lyrics and am either alone or in a car with friends or family, I sing any song that I know all the words to

  3.  Favorite and least favorite genre of music?
    Favorite...Oof. I'm not sure. I don't think I have one since I basically just steal my favorites from whatever my friends and family are listening to.
    Least favorite would probably be screamo?

  4.  Last song you listened to?
    Why stop there? Here are the last five songs I listened to

    Back in Black by AC/DC
    There's Nothing Holding Me Back by Shawn Mendes
    Mama's Broken Heart by Miranda Lambert
    Guns and Ships from Hamilton
    You'll Be Back from Hamilton
         
  5.  Song you've been listening to a lot?
    I haven't especially listened to anything recently, but There's Nothing Holding Me Back by Shawn Mendes was a recent discovery so I've listened to it a bit these past couple weeks

  6.  Favorite music video?
    Me! by Taylor Swift was pretty cool and Piano Guys' Mission Impossible Theme...And of course my answers from the last time around still count...but I'm not sure what my favorite is.
     
  7.  Are you listening to music right now?
    Yes. The Summit by Avi Kaplan
     
  8.  Favorite romantic song?
    In Case You Didn't Know by Brett Young
    Anywhere With You Is Home by Kurt Schneider, Sam Tsui, Alyson Stoner
    I Believe In You by Michael Bublé
    And Gentleman by Will Jay is pretty cute too
  9.  Last song you cried during?
    I honestly can't remember ever crying during a song...

  10.  Last song that made you laugh?
     Istanbul (Not Constantinople) by The Four Lads
    Not because of the actual song, but because it's in my travel playlist.
    Which is also set as my morning alarm on my phone. It sounds like a good idea right? That way you wake up to songs that make you want to GO! And DO STUFF!

    Well, it's all fun and games till this monstrosity comes blaring in your ears and scares you half to death.

    But also You'll Be Back from Hamilton is amazing

  11.  A song you like in a different language?
    A Mhaighdean Bhan Uasal from Brave (in Celtic)
    Sonrisa by Kendji Girac
    Maria Maria by Kendji Girac

  12.  Favorite summer song?
    I don't have a favorite-favorite, ...but basically any country song.
       
  13.  Road trip song?
    Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts, of course
       
  14.  Put yourself to sleep song?
    I am a college student. I could probably sleep through a rock concert. Besides, if I was trying to put myself to sleep I'd probably put on a podcast of someone reading a book or something else that has someone talking.

  15.  While-you-read song?
    Any song. But usually, I don't bother turning on music since I know I'll mostly zone it out
       
  16.  While-you-study song?
    I mix it up so it stays novel. But either something with a good beat to keep me motivated or classical music (or any wordless music) to help me focus and block out extra noise.
       
  17.  Last song on your playlist?
    I looked at my last answer to see what playlist I should pick this time... and all I can say is "Gesundheit"
      
  18.  A song that makes you want to dance?
    Shut Up and Dance by WALK THE MOON
    I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston
     
  19.  POWER SONG?
    Back in Black by AC/DC
        
  20.  Instrumental song?
    Siberian Sleigh Ride by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra
     
  21.  A song with a color in it.... and do you love it or hate it?
    White Christmas by Bing Crosby. And YES. I LOVE IT.
     
  22.  A song that means a lot to you right now?
    I'll never tell
        
  23.  Favorite Disney Song?
    Let's Get Down to Business from Mulan
    Touch the Sky from Brave
    Speechless from Aladdin (!!!)

  24.  Favorite Disney Love Song?
    At Last, I See The Light from Tangled
    Ma Belle Evangeline from the Princess and the Frog
    An Unusual Prince from Sleeping Beauty
         
  25.  Disney song you hate/dislike?
    Anything from Moana. (Except for that one where the people are traveling!)
       
  26.  Favorite Disney soundtrack as a whole?
    Tangled!
    Ooh! Or Brave!
    OR! the new Aladdin!
    OR!!!

  27.  Take your favorite season and make a playlist for it... it has to be at least 5 songs long
        

    Fall
    Angel Eyes by Love and Theft
    Burning Man by Dierks Bently and Brothers Osborne
    The Bull by Kip Moore
    I Believe In You by Michael Bublé       She Sets The City On Fire by Gavin DeGraw
       
  28.  You've heard of comfort food....what are your comfort songs?
    I take no comfort in mortal songs, lol

  29.  Winter song that is not about Christmas OR a typical Christmas song?
    Bing Crosby Christmas music, which I suppose is typical Christmas music...
         
  30.  A song with food in it?
    Banana Phone by Raffi

  31.  The music you listen to while cleaning your room?
    I would never clean my room, what are you talking about?

    Probably ANY playlist.
           
  32.  Song for each of your top two favorite holidays?
    Christmas: White Christmas by Bing Crosby
    4th of July: If You're Reading This by Tim Mcgraw
          
  33.  What movie/TV show theme songs can you sing?
    There are TV show theme songs you can sing?
    *remembers at least two*
    Yep, there are. Imagine that!

  34.  The song not about relationships, boys, love or anything super serious or sad?
    This

  35.  A Folk Tune you like?
    Cockles and Mussels
    Danny Boy
    Wild Rover
    The Star of the County Down
    Finnegan's Wake
    Mary's Wedding
    The Wild Colonial Boy
            
  36.  Songs that always get stuck in your head...even if you only hear a line or two?
    I honestly can't think of any...huh
           
  37.  Workout Playlist?
    These are from two of my workout playlists...One is all musicals and the other is a mixture of stuff, but mostly old rock music

    Back in Black by AC/DC
    Guns and Ships from Hamilton
    Congratulations from Hamilton
    Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
    Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
               
  38.  Wedding Playlist?
    I heard this song and my first thought was "First Dance????"
    Dancing in the Minefields by Andrew Peterson

  39.  Do you have a song that reminds you of one of your OTPs? (please not Reylo. *gag*)
    I still dislike Reylo, in case anyone is wondering.
          
  40. A song that you feel different about after seeing the music video and whether you stopped liking it or not?
    I couldn't listen to We're Never Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift for a looooong time because I kept seeing those horrible backup dancers

    Also, Tequila by Dan and Shay was cuter after seeing the music video
      
  41. A song you would recommend to everyone?
    I probably wouldn't recommend one song to every single person...so I'll just say nothing. (I also don't have to think of a reply this way.)
  42. A song you don't like telling people about so you can hoard it and make it "your song"?
    Excuse me?
      
  43. A song that makes you want to go out and do something crazy/adventurous?
     Lots of songs. But The Other Side from The Greatest Showman is a good one
      
  44. A song that is super catchy, but you don't like it because you don't like the meaning behind the words or just don't like it?
    The songs from Moana are so CATCHY and ugh. Save me.
     
  45. A song you listen to while pretending you're listening to someone talk?
    I don't listen to music while pretending I'm listening to people. I pretend I'm listening to music while I'm listening to people.
      
  46.  A children's song you like?
    Any song is a children's song is you tell a child it is
       
  47. A lullaby you would sing to your own children
    Something Irish...

    Ok to be honest, my kids would probably just have to hear me softly singing whatever song I have stuck in my head but in a lullaby cadence

    Me: He's got...nine....lives
           Cat's. eyes.


    The only trick is if I can get myself to not yell, "CAT'S EYES!"


        
  48. A song that is "your theme song"
     My family once had an interesting discussion about this (we were bored on a road trip) and we decided that Never Been In Love by Will Jay was 100% me in a song
       
  49.  Favorite musician?
    Don't have one, but I just mentioned Will Jay so if you haven't heard of him, his songs are pretty good.
       
  50.  Favorite book about a musician
    P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
      
  51.  5 favorite musicians and your favorite of their songs?
     (They're not my favorites, they're just 5 that came to mind)
    Will Jay: Never Been In Love
    Taylor Swift: The Man
    Magan Taylor: NO
    Imagine Dragons: Natural
    AC/DC: Back in Black
       
  52.  Favorite music blog(s)?
     This one
      
  53.  An unknown/lesser-known musician?
    None of my friends knew who Will Jay was. And so I'm going to go with him. Again.
       
  54.  Favorite radio station?
    I have lived in this city for two years now and I still have no idea what stations do what here....
      
  55.  What musician do you listen to the most?
    I have no idea.

    "But MK," you say. "You listen to Spotify and they totally tell you at the end of the year!"

    Yes.

    But I didn't screenshot it and I forgot.
      
  56. Rihanna or Beyoncé? (you can't say neither)
    I actually liked a couple songs by Beyonce...All The Single Ladies, of course, and Halo. And Run the World.
     
  57. Listen to a song by Justin Bieber (or any musician you really don't like) and write a paragraph-long review on it?
    No.

  58.  Last musical you watched?
     In theatre? Phantom of the Opera.
    (Not a fan. Was either falling asleep or annoyed with the characters)
  59.  Musical you've never watched but really want to?
     Hamilton
     
  60.  If you could only pick one musical to see on Broadway, what would it be?
    Hamilton also
     
  61.  Favorite musical score from a movie that is not a musical?
     The theme songs for the Lord of the Rings or Pirates of the Caribbean
        
  62.  The last musical you belted while walking around your house?
     You'll Be Back from Hamilton
     
  63.  A song from your favorite musical that you hate/dislike?
    Never Enough used to annoy me (because of association with the movie), but I've come to like it...so nothing?

  64.  Favorite song from the Greatest Showman soundtrack?
    This Is The Greatest Show or Tightrope, depending on the mood.
    Who am I kidding?
    It's The Other Side
       
  65.  Do you have any musical merch?
    Nope.






I tag Lia, btw.


-MK








Comments

  1. (The sheer amount of Hamilton in this post makes my heart happy. . . . You clearly didn’t throw away your shot. ;) )

    And YES this tag has MADE A COMEBACK. XD XD XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, what can I say? I'm young scrappy and hungry :D

      Delete
  2. What are you talking about "Horrible tag" and "Worst friend"?! This was one of the greatest things to ever grace the blogging community.

    Also, Reylo more like "Hey, no".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D Can I expect to see the tag on your blog sometime soon then?

      Delete
    2. Possibly. I have a lot of posts coming up, but I'll try to tackle this.

      Delete
  3. *crickets* in all honesty, i should have seen this coming...... you'll have it by Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky that I didn't make a 2020 edition with ADDED questions ;P

      Delete
  4. Haha, you did it again! XD

    I don't like Moana, either! I guess I just don't like "You're Welcome" and "Shiny" , but still. "Natural" is one of my favorite Imagine Dragons songs, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah my Moana hatred. I wonder if it wasn't so tainted by nannying...would I still hate it? The world shall never know...

      Delete
  5. Haha...I remember this...

    Also, the Tangled soundtrack is THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As if anyone could forget this monstrosity, lol

    YES

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an IMPRESSIVE list. one question: what's wrong with Reylo, boo

    (it's been ages since I've been around, MK - when did you change your blog theme? it's very pretty! I particularly like the blue stars on the right; they make me want to... I don't know, do something.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH HI! YOU'RE BACK! (You ARE back, right?)
      I think I changed it...wow I don't even know. Last February? Or maybe in August last year?

      Delete

Post a Comment