Books For Ravenclaws!


Wisdom. Creativity. Cleverness. The conflicting house colors.



Caraval by Stephanie Garber 
    
When I read Caraval I was caught up in the story! What's real? What's not? It's a giant mental puzzle! And the world is so creative and interesting!

Plus I feel like Scarlette is a Ravenclaw...

Six of Crow by Leigh Bardugo

Ok. So it is pretty obvious from the fact that I never shut up about this book that I really love it. 
And I'm pretty sure that I could suggest this book to someone from any house. (The loyal crew? Ambitions? Bravery?) 

But this is the PERFECT Slytherin/Ravenclaw book. An impossible heist?! YES PLEASE. It's the perfect book to release your inner evil mastermind! 


And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie 

Speaking of evil masterminds, what about a crime/mystery? Agatha Christie has written MANY mystery books, but this one is my favorite!


Much Ado About Nothing by Shakespeare
  
And of course Shakespeare! While any of the bard's plays count, Much Ado About Nothing is one of the best options. It's full of witty discussions, enemies-to-lovers, and dastardly plots! 
(Plus? Beatrice = Ravenclaw)



Wolf by Wolf  by Ryan Graudin 
   
Of course, if you want creativity...what better than a historic alternate ending? This story is based on a historical what-if (a horrifying one: What if Hitler won WWII?) and has a badass heroine!  And you get to spend the book trying to figure out the main character's backstory and worrying about if her cover has been blown!


Scythe by Neal Shusterman 
   
OR a futuristic world where death has basically been ended and to control everything, the world depends on scythes who are basically the grim reaper? Plus, it's super interesting and will keep you on the edge of your seat! (Worldbuilding is also super interesting too and you can spend your time trying to remember who all the namesakes were...)


Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff 

OR you can try another book with awesome world-building and lore: Illuminae. (And the sequel Gemina, which is my favorite of the trilogy!) This story is also certainly creative! It's not written in typical novel format and is instead written like its made up of a collection of diaries, reports, emails, and messages...


The Lord of the Rings & the Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Of course, if you want a book with EXCELLENT  worldbuilding and lore, look no further than the GREATEST FANTASY EVER WRITTEN: THE LORD OF THE RINGS

Also: Bilbo Baggins is a Ravenclaw






Of course, if you like fantasy,  fairy tale retellings are also fun! They certainly exercise your mind, since as you read you can figure out how the retelling matches up with the original story and pick up on all the clever details that were base on the original.

Some of my favorite fairytale retellings include: 

The Timeless Fairy Tale Series by KM Shea
(Plus, Gemma from Rumplestiltskin is a Ravenclaw. Maybe. Ravenclaw-Hufflepuff?)

The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
Based on Indian folklore and mythology (and a hint of greek mythology) rather than your typical European-fairy-tale-retelling

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan
Modern retelling (sort of) of greek mythology. Plus, Annabeth Chase is such a Ravenclaw. 





So what do you think? Do you have any Ravenclaw book suggestions? 
MK



 




Comments

  1. Much Ado About Nothing is probably my favorite Shakespeare play EVER. Like, seriously...the sass. The wit. LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As amazing as it is when they direct that sass at each other, I especially love when they direct it at other people and they're like. "Help."
      Like in the beginning when whats-his-face is mooning over Hero and Benedick is making fun of him. :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I honestly want to go back and reread it though...

      Delete
  3. Well I guess I must be a Ravenclaw then -- Six of Crows and Illuminae are two of my favourite books EVER (THEY'RE SO AMAZING DJFKDJF) and I really loved Caraval too!! 😂 I've also read Scythe, and while I didn't love it a lot, I thought the premise was super interesting 😊

    Andrea
    endless-wonder-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six of Crows is my all time favorite! And I love Illuminae, but one of my favorite things about it is that I get to read Gemina after it

      Delete
  4. So many good books! I need to do a list for Slytherins.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment