Books I Borrowed From A Friend and Some That I Loaned Her



This post was inspired by Top Ten Tuesday's weekly prompt and link up!



As many of you already know, I'm good friends with Lia from The Singing Writer. But Lia and I actually live pretty far from each other so we usually only see each other once a week. At some point a few years ago, we started loaning each other books.

I would bring a few when we met and hand them off and by the next time we met, she'd have read them and I'd give her a few more! And vis versa when she had books she wanted me to read.

We've traded so many books over the years that I don't even remember all of them. And many of them were re-reads of old favorites that one or the other owned. But this is a short list of books Lia introduced me to and a few I introduced her to.



Books Lia Loaned Me: 

Wanderlost by Jen Malone
This book is ADORABLE. The characters are AMAZING, especially the people on her tour and I will never be able to look at Ralph (the kid from The Sound of Music) without laughing.

Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
Another adorable contemporary! Are you beginning to see the trend? This was actually one of the most "cliche" contemporary books I've read and yet...I liked it? The characters weren't annoying and I don't read a lot of "going on a road trip with a band" books so it was still fresh and interesting to me!

Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
And yet another cute contemporary! I loved how the character grew, her friends, the love interests, the journey(s) she took, the gelato she ate...AAH. It just makes me want to go back to Europe and be in Rome in the summer.

Books I Loaned Her: 

The Ranger's Apprentice Series by John Flanagan  
1. The Ruins of Gorlan
2. The Burning Bridge
3. The Icebound Land
4. The Battle for Skandia
5. The Sorcerer of the North
6. The Seige of Macindaw
7. Erak's Ransom
8. King's of Clonmel
9. Halt's Peril
10. The Emperor of Nihon-Ja
11. The Lost Stories

The Royal Ranger
1. The Royal Ranger


As you can see, this is a 12 books series. 

Now...there happens to be a HUGE cliffhanger at the end of the second book.

A cliffhanger that I had to suffer over for several weeks before I got the third book.
When I was lending them to her, I did I deliberately give her books in sets of two because I knew she would finish both books within the first day or two of receiving them and then have to suffer for an entire week like I did?   

Pfft. 

Of course not.





-MK





Comments

  1. This post fills me with so much nostalgia! Jules and I used to loan each other books back when we saw each other at least once a week. We found many good favorites that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes them extra special because you think about your friends when you read them :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Its the BEST
      (especially since I'm broke, lol)

      Delete
  3. THAT WAS SO RUDE I'M STIll SAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. RANGER'S APPRENTICE <3 (John Flanagan's Aussie, did you know?? we claim him, anyway xD) What do you think of the Royal Ranger? Personally, I don't like it as much - she's just. not. Will. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did know that :P
      I actually read the Royal Ranger first...so I liked it, but in hindsight I like the ones about Halt and Will the best. (There's just not enough Halt in the Royal Ranger, you know?)

      Delete

Post a Comment