Camp NaNoWriMo // Plans + Projects



My goal for April is to work on my story (stories) for a minimum of 25 minutes per day every day. (I still have the 50,000-word goal as my goal because I haven't taken the time to change it...)

I've found that once you get started, you usually find that you can work through a writer's block or an unmotivated funk (Which is what I'm in with The Hedgehog King...)
Originally I heard this advice as write 50 words. If you're truly exhausted or unable to write, just get 50 words out. That's just a paragraph! 

But if you're just in the wrong mindset and those 50 words end of being 3,000 words? Yay!


So I've picked a bare minimum goal for myself because I know I will end up doing a lot more. Anyway, this month (for me) is more about finding time to write and getting back in the habit of writing every day and less of a need to hit a word count.






 The Hedgehog King
Stage: Editing (Specifically line edits)
Goal: As much as possible
Or...at least edit to the halfway point (Chapter 14)

I've made basically no progress since I started editing, 
so I'll have to complete a little over a dozen chapters to reach this goal!



Capes, Coffee Shops, & Cake
Stage: Second Draft/Rewrites
Goal: Nothing specific, just want to see some improvement! 
But heck...why not just shoot for the halfway point in this doc. too?



I'll also be working on Twelve Golden Windows, but only as inspiration hits. Other than that I'm not working on any of my old drafts since I don't want to be spread to far! Though I DO have another project which isn't really a project...it's a bunch of plot bunnies and story ideas that I've been bouncing around. So for Twelve Golden Windows/the untitled WIP, my goal is to work on plotting and write whatever scenes I'm inspired to. 



What do you have planned for this month? Are you doing Camp NaNoWriMo?
MK












Comments

  1. I'm doing Camp NaNo and working on a first ever draft and AHHHH IM SO EXCITEDDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! A new draft! Sounds exciting! New drafts are so much fun!

      I realize I started a brand new draft in late July, but I've been working on it with no breaks so it feels like years...

      Delete
  2. *sends motivational lamingtons for Camp* *selfishly, as I want to read eVERY ONE OF THESE STORIES*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment