The Timeless Fairytale Series by K.M. Shea


*high pitched screaming*


0.5: The Princess and the Pea
Haven't actually read this one yet...

1. Beauty and the Beast
I absolutely love the twist on the story. 5/5

2. The Wild Swans
This is honestly my least favorite story in the series. And yep, its entirely because of how the ship ended up. Or rather WHO the ship ended up being. Or how? Anyway, 4/5

3. Cinderella and the Colonel
THIS IS LITERALLY ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS EVER SO NATURALLY IT IS MY FAVORITE OF THE SERIES. 8/5

4. Rumplestiltskin
If there was a book in this series that could hold a candle to Cinderella and the Colonel as my favorite, this book comes close! 6/5

5.  The Little Selkie
Absolutely adored the characters and the ships! Plus the side ships and other characters were amazing. 5/5

6. Puss in Boots
Gender bent retelling of Puss in Boots! Also: Puss is the most amazing magic talking cat ever. 5/5

7. Swan Lake
The twist on this story was absolutely amazing. Loved the characters. 5/5

8. Sleeping Beauty
My favorite sleeping beauty ever. Watching her develop from the character she was at the start of the book to the one she was at the end was awesome. Plus, her friend was pretty cool. (The girl, not the guy. Though he was alright too.) 5/5

9. The Frog Prince
I laughed so hard reading this story. And I loved the couple in this story and how they made each other better. 5/5

10. Twelve Dancing Princesses
I read this entire book in one sitting and I loved it! The characters! The group! The Ship! The world! 5/5

11. Snow White
LOVED the twist on the 7 dwarves. And it was really fun to see this side of Angelic. And it was a super cool version of the evil queen.



And now to rate them all from my favorite to least favorite...


Cinderella and the Colonel
Rumplestiltskin
Frog Prince
Twelve Dancing Princesses
Puss in Boots
Sleeping Beauty
Swan Lake
Little Selkie
Beauty and the Beast
Snow White
The Wild Swans    


For most of these, I'm not really sure of the ranking. Frog Prince and Twelve Dancing Princesses are about the same. Puss in Boots-The Little Selkie are about the same (though Puss will have the top of the group because I adore him.)




 These are all pretty creative twists on the story! And they're really funny and the couples are cute! I highly suggest you read them. Or maybe just Cinderella and the Colonel? No, I'm kidding. READ THEM ALL. 

MK

Comments

  1. I'd seen on Goodreads that you were reading these. I'll have to try them sometime! I love fairytale retellings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I never read anything by this author? These sound amazing, and fairytale retellings are my faaavorite! *adds books to TBR* *stares at TBR in alarm as it threatens to fall over and kill anyone in the way*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBRs be like that sometimes XD
      KM Shea also wrote The Elves of Lessa series which is SO GOOD!

      Delete
  3. I need to read these, I'm a sucker for retellings.
    Definitely need to read the one that got 8/5 XD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment