Blogger Recognition Award

 Hey! I was tagged by Lia from The Singing Writer AND Samantha from Bookshire!

They're both pretty awesome so be sure to check out their blogs!


 

 

The rules: 

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog in your award post.
2. Post the award banner somewhere on your blog.
3. Share the reason why you started your blog.
4. Share two pieces of advice that could benefit new bloggers.
5. Nominate a maximum of fifteen other bloggers.
6. Tell your nominees about your award post so they can participate!


I started my first blog because I was required to for an English course! My teacher wanted us to actually read things and record what we were reading, but do it in a way that would be easy for other students in the course to comment and read what other people are doing. Those peer evaluations, man. 

And I ended up here later. I originally started Sarcastic Scribblings (at the time named Hen Scratch, which I think was mockery of my own handwriting?) so I could share writing with an audience I didn't know (or rather who didn't know me) so that I could get authentic feedback. I suppose in a way it also allowed me to just be myself while I was still trying to figure out my blogging voice, you know? 



My advice? 

Dive headfirst into the blogging world! Don't be afraid of commenting on someone else's blog because its older than yours or looks more professional than yours. Everybody loves comments! (Even me, who takes forever to reply sometimes...) 

And follow whatever catches your eye! You have a book blog and find a good baking blog that focuses on cookies from around the world? (Yum) Don't feel like you can't follow them because "it's not a book blog" BAH

FOLLOW BLOGS THAT YOU WANT TO READ


Write emergency posts

This is especially true is you have "a goal" of how many posts to go up every week or specific days you try to post! (Mine are Tuesday and Thursday, with overflow going into Saturdays if need be. And sometimes I post other times, like last month for the WIP Special Link Up)

All you have to do is write a post that isn't time sensitive and have it all ready to publish. Graphics up if you use them, URLs added if need be...

And then don't post it. Just let it stew in your draft box until that day comes when you feel like you need to post but don't have the time or inspiration? 

BAM. Just pull that old post up and hit publish!

I try and publish my emergency posts somewhere between every 6 months to a year (though I usually use them as a "get out of jail free card" before that) just so that it doesn't get too old. And I try to check the intro section and switch it up if need be. 


I'll pass this on to 

Movie Critic at Movies Meet Their Match

Julian at Saver of Memories

Skye at Ink Castles  


Comments

  1. Ooh, the emergency post idea is brilliant! And I also love the tip to follow what you want to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find that I tended to follow blogs and then just skim over them in the reading list? And why have them if you're not going to read them?

      Of course, I should also comment on the blogs I read...Oops :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me! Oh, I always mean to have an emergency post or schedule posts in advance, but I always forget. XD Maybe that will be what I'll do next year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I just suggested that...but I literally don't have one right now...(But then again, so many of my posts are scheduled out?)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tag! The emergency post thing is such a good idea.
    I need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad it helped!
      Can't wait to see what you post!

      Delete

Post a Comment