Dead Authors I Wish I Could Have Met

"Mk...Have you even met any of your favorite still living authors?"
"Quiet in the peanut gallery"


JRR Tolkien

HE LITERALLY CHANGED THE ENTIRE FANTASY GENRE. COMPLETELY CHANGED FANTASY ELVES!

WITHOUT HIM WE'D HAVE FAE NAMED THISTLE WHISTLE

HE CREATED ORCS

THE MOST EPIC OF QUESTS

AAH

Not to mention, he had an amazing personality. Did you know when he got a car, he would drive into intersections and yell, "Charge them and they'll scatter."

He went to a party (not a costume party) dressed as a polar bear.

He convinced his class that he believed in leprechauns.


CS Lewis

As much as I love Narnia, I must admit this is mostly just because he was JRR Tolkien's polar bear buddy. THEY WENT TOGETHER AS POLAR BEARS. WHERE DID THEY EVEN GET THE COSTUMES???


Shakespeare

But of course! Even if you don't like Shakespeare, it would be cool to meet Shakespeare. He's SHAKESPEARE.


Jane Austen

I love Pride and Prejudice and want to fangirl with her/to her about her books.

Like, who is her favorite ship in Pride and Prejudice?

Favorite couple in all her stories?





MK




Comments

  1. Aaaah it has been my ambition to somehow find a time machine and meet Tolkien and Lewis for a LONG time. Although, since time machines are in short supply, I may just have to wait for heaven.
    Also, the POLAR BEAR STORY how have I not heard that one? I've read like eight biographies of Lewis & Tolkien, and not one saw fit to mention that? For shame.
    (Did you know that the first time Tolkien drove a car on an outing with his family, he knocked over a stone wall? He was really not great with cars. XD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jr. Tolkien and C.S Lewis would be amazing.
    I'd also die to meet Diana Wynne Jones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes! Howl's Moving Castle was good! I should re-read it. I don't think I've read it since the first time in early High School...

      Delete
  3. YES TO ALL OF THESE. I mean, having Tolkien and Lewis I the same room? YES PLEASE. And asking Jane Austen who her favorite couple was? Can it get better than that??? Nope. It would be the dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd probably argue about lamp post v no lamp post the whole time XD
      And Jane Austen would probably have a nice tea, LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment