The Sunshine Blogger Award

 I was tagged by Samantha from Bookshire...yesterday morning actually. I almost wrote the whole thing and published it yesterday.

 I know, I know. I am also shocked with my promptness. 



The Rules:

1. Thank the blogger who tagged you (But of course)

2. Answer their 11 questions

3. Nominate 11 bloggers with the award and ask them 11 questions

4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your blog or in your post




What is a genre that you didn't think you would enjoy when you first started reading (or watching) it, but now really do?
 
Contemporary! When I started reading? Not a fan! Blech!
But then Lia forced me to read some of her favorite novels and here I am!
 

What is the best piece of advice someone has ever given you?

There are a lot of people who have given me advice, but I can't think of anything specifically that's "the best."

(My initial gut response was the Dilbert line, "Don't drink the pickle juice until all the pickles are gone." so there's that.)

 
What is something you like to eat that your family (or housemates) think is weird?

 Well, in my dorm I had a sudden craving for pickles. So I just pulled out a plate and got myself a pickle. My roommates walked into the room and were confused. One of them decided to join me and eat a pickle and the other one sat on the couch on the far end of the room and stared at us in horror.

 
What is your favorite book to reread, and how many times have you reread it? 

 I reread a lot of books...nothing comes to mind though. I tend to reread contemporary novels more often because they're so quick to read, whereas fantasy novels take up more time. 

I usually enjoy rereading the fantasy novels more...For example, I've only reread Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo twice, but its something I anticipate rereading often through the years. 

Also, fantasy novels tend to be in series or at the least duologies and its such a big time investment. (Right now I want to reread The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer)

 
Who is your favorite artist? What's your favorite piece of art by them?

 I don't have a favorite artist! I am a big fan of van Gogh's Skull of a Skeleton With Burning Cigarette and Joseph Ducreux's self portraits.
 

Have you ever traveled out of your home country? Where did you go?

Yep! I went to Europe (Germany, Austria, and Slovenia). I was planning to go to Canada this fall but alas...COVID

 
Who are your favorite and least favorite authors?

Favorite would probably include J.R.R. Tolkien, but I don't know about least favorites. There are people's whose books I didn't enjoy (or disliked) but their are people whose books are truly bad (both is writing and in the fact that they promote harmful practices, toxic relationships, etc) and I don't have the room in my brain to remember classmates names... so I certainly am not going to waste my brain space on bad authors!

 
What is the best book you've had to read for a class?

I read a lot of good books during High School and Elementary School...but during college, one of my favorites was Wuthering Heights which I read for Victorian Literature. 

It was such a crazy read! Its the only book I can think of where I don't like any of the characters, yet loved the book. It was like a train wreck you couldn't look away from!

Another favorite, which I actually enjoyed even more than Wuthering Heights (but momentarily forgot because I keep rereading it) was The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde!

 
What is your favorite season (or month)?

Fall! But month is probably December. I honestly dislike the cold so much...but love Christmas.

Why did you choose your blog name?

Gosh. It's been so long ago that I don't remember the actual thought process. But I am a tiny bit (just a teensy weensy little bit) sarcastic. And scribblings (which isn't actually a word) portrayed the writing that the blog is focused on. And they both started with the same letter, so whoo!

 
Who is a blogger that you think everyone should follow? (You're not allowed to say me, even if you want to, which you probably don't. XD)

 There's so many good bloggers out there, but you really have to dig around and find the ones that you enjoy!

I think the #1 blog you should follow is the one where when it pops up in your feed you get excited about it and immediately go read it



Tagging: The first 11 people to comment on this post or anyone who wants to snag it

 

The questions: 

1. Weirdest thing you've eaten

2. Last book you read and what you thought of it

3. Opinions of old movies and if you enjoy them, do you have any favorites? If you don't, are there any exceptions?

4. Favorite dessert

5. Favorite desert

6. Favorite holiday tradition

7. Favorite dog breed

8. Last documentary (Either video or non fiction book)

9. Favorite cookie

10. Favorite musical instrument 

11. Do you like climbing trees? 



MK




Comments

  1. *blinks* Wow, that was fast. (And I'm going to ignore your nomination of the first 11 people to comment...because I JUST did this tag! As you know!)

    It's true, people probably don't pay a lot of attention to 'least favorite author' (Although mine is Henry David Thoreau)...haha that's going to be fun when everyone is answering my questions going "I...don't have a least favorite author." Oh well.

    Wuthering Heights is such a weird book! Because it's true--all the characters are awful. But at the same time, you want to keep reading.
    The Importance of Being Earnest is amazing. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always makes me want cucumber sandwiches though! XD XD

      Delete
  2. I used to hate contemporary too, it really depends on the book.
    I love Van Gogh's skull portrait!
    Great answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I also love his Starry Night Over Rhome better than I do his Starry Night...

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog--it's so cute! Also, pickles are da bomb. I use to eat them for breakfast all the time--weird, right? But delicious!

    I also love December--even as a retail worker, I know I should hate it, but it's too magical to not love. I really think that the world's a little bit of a better place in December. And I like the cold and snow, but only until December 26th. XD

    Thanks for the tag, lol...can't wait to do this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment