The WIP Special // Part Four: Writing Life With NaNo 2020

 

 

How has COVID affected your writing this year? 

Surprisingly, not very much. During the summer, I was busy outside (farm perks. Pandemic? That's nice. We'll just...only go to the store every other week. Like normal. And work outside? I mean, I barely left the farm so I also barely wore a mask.)

And once I got to school...Well, logically I should have written more. Half of my classes were virtual (with A and B days) so I had more "free time" that I could have used to write. Instead, I used that free time to take "a few more credits". I also binge watched Criminal Minds. 

So short answer? I got a surprisingly low amount of writing done this year, but it really wasn't COVID's fault. 

How has COVID affected NaNoWriMo itself this year? 

Ah. First time I can go off campus and actually go to the Erie write in events and write in coffee shops and everything is canceled. 

Actually writing wise, everything went really well? Not only am I almost done (I have five more days, y'all) but I've hit my daily goal everyday! 


What particular or personal or nor-COVID related challenges do you face for NaNo this year? 

*cough* 25 credits *cough*


Are you trying to over-achieve and go over 50K?

Well, at this point its my only option unless I stop working on it...


What is your plan if you don't reach 50K? 

Cry, because how did I lose all my work? DID MY COMPUTER CRASH?

But my plan was to accept that I worked hard be happy for what I wrote instead of what I haven't written yet



Have the current situations given you any new ideas and/or changes for your story?

Considering I have been making this up as I go and really just flying by the seat of my pants instead of plotting everything out...everyday brings new ideas! Nothing changes because I'm not going back to rework scenes and there is no set plan to change!

Honestly, at this point if I wrote a plot twist I'd be shocked by it too. Like wow, really didn't think the author was going to do this!

  

What was something that excited you about writing this November? 

Making time for writing again and getting creative again

  

What are some ways you took care of yourself during NaNo?

Its important to force yourself to sit down and start if you just don't want to (usually once you start and write about 50 words or a paragraph you start picking up steam!) but also to not force myself to write when I can't

Also, get lots of sleep! (Or at least, enough sleep)

 

How would you describe this NaNo year? (In one word.)

Surprising. 

Having a productive NaNo during everything going on, writing something without plotting it out or really planning it. The story I'm writing itself and the twists it went through.

Are you going to relax in December or do you still have more work to do? 


Writing wise, I plan to keep working on various projects but in a "chill" way. No deadlines, though I might come up with some goals.

 As for this NaNo project...I think I'm going to let myself mentally stew on it for awhile so I can go back to my planner plotter self and think of the best way to string everything together. I'll probably work on other projects a little over winter break, though whether that means editing, rewrites, or plotting and starting a new novel I don't know. 


And as for relaxing on everything life, school, my career, and everything else...

Me? Relax?

Never





Well, guys. We made it through November! Did you do NaNoWriMo? Laugh at the poor fools who did? Do you plan to relax ever or charge madly and boldly into the void? 


Charge!

MK



 


Comments

  1. There is no relaxing in my corner of life either. *high fives you*
    Honestly, though, I can only aspire to your level of busy with "a few extra credits", and I can't believe you won NaNo at the same time. Do you have a time machine, by chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No relaxing for anyone ever!
      Nope! I'm just terrifyingly good at time management :D

      Delete
  2. I'm with Sam, GIVE US THE TIME MACHINE BLUEPRINTS. Ahem. ;) But, congratulations on winning NaNoWriMo!!!!!! That is so, so, so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never. If you want a time machine, you have to invent it yourself :P
      AND THANK YOU!!!

      Delete
  3. Binge watching Criminal Minds is the best way to avoid writing. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!! TBH, I prefer NCIS...but a girl can only rewatch it so many times...(At least, until the roommates complain)

      Delete

Post a Comment