The WIP Special // Part Three: A Day in the Storyworld

 

 


 

If you were dropped into the storyworld, what would your life be like? Things cannot change (i.e. your job description, clothing choices) except for obvious world differences. (No imagining yourself as a warrior princess if you're a farmer in real life. Answers must be as close to real life as possible.) 

Ah. To have a story set in a contemporary setting! Absolutely nothing would change! (Except this is pre-COVID so you know. Pre-2020 world, peeps.)

However, the majority of the book is placed in Europe with people country hopping and both of them live in the UK. (MC 1 is an American who is there for work/school and the other is a native.) So if we wanted to be creative, we could imagine me in London and occasionally country hopping on the weekends. 

I would probably drink more tea, eat more fish and chips when out and curry when I order food, and be able to drink in the pub. 

   

What sort of job wold you have in your storyworld? 

 I would still be a student! Unless we accelerated my timeline approx. six months to the point where I'm working? 

    

What sort of house would you live into? / What sort of community would you live in?

I would probably live in an apartment (or flat, rather) in England somewhere near whatever school I'd be at. If I was studying intentionally (especially as a senior) I would probably not live on housing provided by campus and find my own place. There would probably be other students in the building, but also a mixture of other careers ad ages!

    

Would you be valued in the community or not? (Not job specific)

Oop. I hope so?

 

What sort of religious practices would you be doing? 

The same, though I would probably travel to religious sites around Europe when country hopping and try to go to as many different and cool old churches in the UK when I decide to "stay in" (the country, lol).


What would you be doing in your free time? 


Hiking, country hopping, exploring the city, sampling different foods, writing, book blogging, journaling about the trip, calling home


  

What would you be eating?

Way too many Maltesers and Vimto flavored bon bons

Probably a lot of takeout curry, fish and chips, and pastries from around Europe. Also scones!

 

   

If you could change your current position in the storyworld and do something else (like join the heroes) would you? 

 

Would I, now in this fictional world, decide to drop out of school six months from graduation to tag along with the two bickering main characters? 


No?


   

Would you have the opportunity to run into your character in every-day life? 

Possibly? They're not students...

*image of us all getting in a bar fight because MC 1 started something with some random guy and MC 2 had to jump in and I had to fend people off in order to escape over the bar and eat all the garnish cherries*

    

  

Would you be friends with the character or would they "have no idea you exist" in their storyworld? 

Its socially and economically and geographically possible. Maybe we'd become friends after I eat all the cherries and decide to fight my way to the door, taking out some dude with the empty cherry jar since he's blocking my way to the door, saving MC 1 who he was about to clock and therefore cementing our friendship and proceeding to terrorize MC 2. 

But it's unlikely.


Hope you enjoyed this post! And the mental image of me bashing someone with over the back of the head with a jar! 

MK


 

Comments

  1. Eating more fish and chips, and drinking tea are the only life goals I have at the moment. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to eat all the cherries is the only possible thing to do in that situation. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe any cucumber garnishes that are laying about, but CHERRIES

      Delete

Post a Comment