The Lord of the Rings // Books Discovered On My Blogging Journey

Ok. So I actually had read LOTR long before I started blogging (of course). In fact, there was one year when I watched the Lord of the Rings (Extended Edition) around fifty times. 

Yes. 

50

As in I spent approx 23 days out of that year watching the Lord of the Rings

I have never been able to recreate it and probably never will. 

I mean, there's only 52 weeks in a year, so I basically watched it about once a week. 

"What the heck?" you ask?  I DON'T KNOW. 

I am severely judging my 13 year old self but at the same time: PROUD. 

(But mainly judging)


Do you wish me a good morning or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good on this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?


The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien 

The Fellowship of the Ring

The Two Towers

The Return of the King



Characters

The characters are all unique and have their own personalities! 

And Merry and Pippen, oh my gosh. I don't totally dislike them in The Lord of the Rings films, but if you compare it to their story, character and intelligence in the books? Films kind of did them dirty. 

Not to mention the one elf they kind of just *cough* deleted? WHERE IS GLORFINDEL

And all the other people who just aren't there? 

Eowyn!!!

I mean, I AM NO MAN? Not only is that a Macbeth level Shakespearean loop hole but ICONIC. 

The men though. I mean Faramir, Aragorn, Eromer? Oof. People say Disney prince's ruined men for them but damn. Every time I read these books I'm just like, can't I have a man who is strong and badass but also eloquent, tender, in touch with his emotions, well educated, can survive in the woods, and spear a orc through the chest from the back of a galloping horse? Maybe I just need someone to give me motivational speeches on days when I don't want to go to work. (It could either be "But today is not this day" or a simpler "DEATH! DEATH!!!") 

And Shadowfax. Let's not forget him!


And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many

 

Other Things

SO MANY THINGS

The creation of one of the greatest fantasy worlds ever that literally changed the world of fantasy stories? 

The fact that he wrote ENTIRE LANGUAGES for his book? I mean, talk about world building!

The good vs evil narrative 

The friendships! So much of this series is based around friendships. A lot of the characters drive the plot, but they in turn are driven by their friendships. (The three hunters bit especially)

It's about courage, duty, sacrifice, and aah.  
 

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens

 

5/5 STARS!

 

 

 Lord of the Rings Dream Cast // Ft. The Muppets?!? 

Other posts related to The Lord of the Rings 

Comments

  1. YES TO EVERYTHING. Ahhh *clutches heart* you basically touched on everything I love about LOTR. And gave me a severe case of nostalgia and when-can-I-find-time-to-reread-them-itis. :)

    The films SERIOUSLY did Merry and Pippin dirty. I love them so much in the books, and the movies just didn't capture that for me.

    YES the MEN! They're just...fantastic. Your list of characteristics you want in a man is 100% on point. XD

    The friendships!! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just raises my expectations for men SO much lol.
      IT DID THEM SO DIRTY. I think they're kind of still funny but its only the barest hint at who they are. "Its Frodo Baggins." Really. THAT'S how they're introduced? I liked the book better with the whole, "Yeah, we actually knew about the Ring forever."

      Delete
  2. It's one of the best series ever. The books are the absolute best, and I love the movies. Re-watched them all the time!

    The men are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I re-watching and re-read them so often (actually I should re-read them again...)

      Delete
  3. its truly sad that orc spearing via horseback is not taught to young men anymore. *sobs* "whats happening to our society!?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! And is it really that much to ask that they can recite epic poetry?

      Delete

Post a Comment