What If We Rewrite the Stars // End of April + What's Next for Sarcastic Scribblings?


 

 

 



Posts This Month: 

The White Wizard Approaches

Oop

Spring TBR 2022

Writing Plan for 2022 // How I'm Organizing for My 2022 Edits


Posts Coming to the Blog Next Month:

I'll be doing a bit of a theme next month on high school graduation (tis the season), including reviews of some YA books centered around graduation (if I ever finish reading them) and non-fic book recs for soon to be college students/adult people in the world!

 

News for Sarcastic Scribblings/Changes Coming To The Blog

In order to focus more time on writing, reading, and other things (i.e. grad school), I will be moving from the twice a week posting schedule (Tuesday and Thursday with an occasional Saturday post) to once a week regular posting. I might still post twice a week or on Saturdays in select weeks, if I have extra posts or am posting a series. And I might just skip a post some weeks if I don't have anything I want to post or if I'm cramped for time. 

Depending on my schedule and how motivated I feel about writing blog posts, I may move away from regular weekly posting. In which case, I'd still do an end of month recap with books read and a small writing update every month, but the number of other posts that month will fluctuate.

I also plan to spend more time doing other things, specially this summer and fall, (travel, hiking, random non-writing projects, work on my thesis research early because I'm insane, etc.), so replies to comments might not be as fast as it was in the past!

I am planning on rehauling the blog format, but I want to take a bit of time to work on it without worrying about posts being lost, etc. My plan is to do it during my regular July hiatus and extend the hiatus into August or into June. 

On that note,  I may end up taking more scheduled hiatuses. If I plan to be gone for more than a month or two, I'll post some sort of heads up


Other Admin Stuff

You can find me on Instagram @Sarcasticscribblings and now on Spotify (check out my next post for more information on that!)

 

 


Writing Progress and Word Count: 0

Writing Goal for May: Spend at least 15-20 minutes 2-3 times a week on writing stuff. I don't have a word count goal since I will be working on a mixture of editing prep and writing. My main goal is just to get back in the habit of writing regularly. [But focus on end of term projects first!]

Next Month's Word Count Goal:  N/A



Book Reading Goal for April: Keep working toward my 2022 Goodreads challenge of 100 books and personal challenges: read more non-fiction this year and working through my TBR pile backlog

While I didn't read any non-fiction books (outside of course requirements), my read count for the year so far is over 60 books!

 Highlights: Lucky Leap Day by Ann Marie Walker. This is a contemporary romance novel. It doesn't have a ton of explicit adult content or swearing, but there is some there so heads up if you're trying to avoid it. That being said, this was basically the book version of Leap Year and was pretty cute (the marriage of convenience vibes). 

I will say there was one thing that made me want to scream and that is *ahem* IF YOU ARE TRAVELING BY YOURSELF, DO NOT TELL YOUR DRIVER ESPECIALLY NOT WHILE YOU'RE IN THE CAR WITH HIM. AND IF HE FOLLOWS UP WITH, "OH BUT ARE YOU MEETING FRIENDS AT THE HOTEL?" LIE RIGHT TO HIS FACE AND SAY, "YES, THEY'RE EXPECTING ME"

Monthly Book Suggestion: The opposite of a book rec this month. Running Mate by Leah Brunner filled me with SO much salt. Should I drop a review of it?

Book Reading Goal for May: Keep working toward my 2022 Goodreads challenge of 100 books and personal challenges (like read more non-fiction this year).



 


Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a good April. :) I wish you luck on your reading goal. Also, I look forward to reading more of your posts. :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I actually get around to writing them! :D

      Delete
  2. You say Book Review, but i suspect its more of a Book Rant/Rave. Looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete
  3. MK! It's forever since I've been here, how have you been??

    NF books on how to adult? sounds good heh. (am I already an adult? yes. do I know what I'm doing? no!) And a salt book review sounds like fun xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody knows what we're doing LOL. I've been good!! But my life has basically only been school so also very uneventful oop :D

      Delete
  4. I love a salty book review. Glad you had a good April!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment