Another One Bites The Dust // October Recap





Blog Things:


 This months posts: 


Character Interview Ft. Brent and Liam
World Building Hack: Use Values To Better Understand A People
Awkward and Awesome No. 6 // Adulting
The Marvel Cinematic Universe Tag
A Challenge? I Accept: Part Two 
Mini Fall Bucket List and Book List
Ocean Reads


Book Things:

I finally read Scythe y'all. Do you know how long that thing has been on my TBR??? I also read Maybe This Time by Kasie West and Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J Maas (and a handful of other books which I just...can't remember?)

Monthly Book Suggestion! 

Maybe This Time by Kasie West
Some Kasie West books I LOVE (PS I Like You for example) and others just kind of fall short. THIS ONE DID NOT FALL SHORT. IT WAS CUTE. IT MADE ME HAPPY.

Writing Things:

The majority of this month was dedicated to waiting for Alpha comments. This means, basically, me pretending that I don't have a WIP so that I don't think about it so I don't go crazy from the overwhelming urge to work on it. 

But I also had some character development to figure out...so naturally, I took my characters out of my own world (the one I created, not the one I live in) and put them into different worlds to explore their personality without the constraints of the story!

So basically I wrote fanfiction for my own book.

Oh. And I wrote some about the couple? AND THEY ARE CUTE?


Favorite Snippet! 


(Alas alas. There are no "fresh" snippets since I haven't really written anything...But here's an old snippet)


Marta stared at her for a heartbeat longer and then buried her face in her hands. “I’m such an idiot. Here I was thinking you were just a weepy sort.” 



Life Things:

I started watching BBC Sherlock. Which is really cool. And by started, I mean I watched almost every episode. And while I HAVE done that for other TV shows (*cough* White Collar *cough* Hawaii 5-O *cough*)...do you really think I did that this month? With the amount of free time I had this month? No. It just happens that it only has 12 episodes. FOR THE ENTIRE FOUR SEASONS. YEP. THERE ARE THREE EPISODES PER SEASON. WHY BBC. HOW MANY SEASONS OF DR WHO DID THEY MAKE?

Next Month:


Next month I'm going to be diving deeper into my current draft, which is the redraft/rewrite or second draft! I've been working through Alpha reader comments and switching stuff up (A lot of stuff. This draft needs some serious help!) 





So what are your plans for October? 
MK
 

Comments

  1. BBC Sherlock is quite fun. I'm not a "solve the mystery" kind of person, but I like the interesting format they do things.

    How'd you like Scythe? I've always thought the cover looked cool and the plot sounded interesting. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone said it was good and I knew I would probably enjoy it, but I just wasn't in the mood for it but I forced myself to read it anyways (such is college life. When you get free time, you gotta use it) AND I LOVED IT!

      Delete
  2. Sherlock is sooo good! Love that you wrote fanfiction for your own book. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before this I'd only watched the movie with Robert Downey Jr and everyone seemed to be picking sides and I didn't want to watch the BBC version and then have to pick...but it worked out because I ended up loving them both :D

      Delete
  3. I love the BBC Sherlock ... as it seems so do your other commenters ;) Looks like it's been a good month for you ;D

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment