Risin' Up, Back On The Street // January Recap 2020


Wow. Might I just say THIS MONTH HAS BEEN A HELL OF A RIDE. WHOA.
Introducing my super-secret project and editing The Hedgehog King, so it can go out to betas soon...(not soon enough that you need to get excited though. Its still MONTHS away.)


This Months Posts:


2020 Writing Goals
2020 Reading Goals
Throwback Book Review: I'd Tell You That I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You
COMING SOON// The Big Project Reveal!
Introducing...The Hedgehog King // My Super Secret WIP Is Revealed!
Awkward and Awesome: Editing

In other blogging news, I wrote out and scheduled all my posts between now and the beginning of March (except for the end of month posts like this one) so that I can focus on school and The Hedgehog King


I'm posting this end of month post a week early since, for some strange reason, the first four blog posts from January aren't showing up...But you should be able to follow the links above. But since I'm publishing this post on the 21st (along with the Awkward and Awesome: Editing post), there won't be a post next Tuesday on the 28th.

But stay tuned! On the 4th, I'll be posting a list of all my favorite literary romances!

  Reading Things:

Books Read This Month: 9
All of which were before school started...So I basically read 9 books in the first week and then nothing else for the rest of the month...
Monthly Book Suggestion:

Cinderella and the Colonel by KM Shea, which was also on my Best Books of 2019 List..so it is, in fact, a reread. But still. I adore it.


2020 Reading Goals:

Read 100 Books
I worked my way through 9 books this month, so I think this is off to a great start!

Read 5 New Non-Fiction Books
Nothing this month...

Read 5 Books from my TBR that WERENT published in 2019 or 2020
 I've already read EIGHT books published before 2019! FINISHED!


Writing Things:

Well, The Hedgehog King has been announced to the world. THAT'S NOT FREAKY AT ALL. I've been hoarding that WIP for so long...I'm deep in the editing pits now! Nothing like editing to make you hate your own story...But on the other hand, it's exciting! I've never made it this far with a story before and when I remind myself of that, it tends to make the chore a bit more fun!

2020 Writing Goals:
  • Finish the Second Draft/Rewrite of THK
    FINISHED! I did the last of the macro edits and chapter rewrites on the 9th! 
  • The First Edit / Third Draft of THK
     I started on the 9th and am still going strong!
  • Send THK out to Betas!
  • Draft another novel!
  • Write query letters
  • QUERY AGENTS



Plans for February:
  • Read 5 books
  • Keep up the edits on The Hedgehog King
It seems simple enough, but oh how quickly and easily I could fail.


How was your January? What do you have planned for next month? Are end of month posts boring?? I say yes and I WOULD switch it up so they're only published every three months but alas. I already started the next round of "song lyrics for titles" and I'm too attached to give it up.

MK

Comments

  1. THK!!!! *flails forever at every mention*

    Hope you have an awesome February, MK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have an awesome February too!!

      Delete
  2. Dude! You've already read 9 books this year?? Whoa! Eeep, I'm so excited for THK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D
      My sisters have kindle unlimited and I knew once I came back to school I would be cut off from it so I had to get a bunch of reading done before then XD

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, I am SO excited about THK!!!!! And congrats with reading 9 books! I hope you have a beautiful February <333

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your recaps. :)
    Hope you have a lovely February!

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a second I completely forgot about the mini rant at the end and was super confused, lol...But thank you! And I hope you have a good February too!

      Delete

Post a Comment