And ANOTHER One Gone // September Recap



Blog Things:


 This months posts: 


Books With Hufflepuf Characters!
Sunshine Blogger Award
Fall TBR 
Characters From My WIPS Summed Up In Gifs
The Long Anticipated Post!!! Dual Post With Lia 
100 Days of Sunlight // I. Am. In. Love!


Book Things:


I actually read 8 books this month!
Some of the best ones were:
A Thousand Perfect Notes
If I'm Being Honest
Always Never Yours
100 Days of Sunlight 

Why so many books read, you ask? I had a three day weekend over labor day and I ended up not going home. And the way I drowned the sorrows of not seeing my sisters and my besties was to drink coffee and READ.
 
Monthly Book Suggestion! 


While I really like Always Never Yours and (to a lesser degree) If I'm Being Honest, I have to go with 100 Days of Sunlight. 
All three of these books made it onto the "cackling like a maniac from my blanket pile and scaring my roommates" list, but 100 Days of Sunlight was at the very tippy top. 



Writing Things:

So when this month started I thought that I would continue my previous writing speed.
I wrote four chapters before school started, then another seven after. Total count on August 30: 11

And then on the 31st of August, my three day weekend began. (Because of the Labor Day.) And I was determined to write every day! And that Saturday I wrote two chapters! And then on Sunday, I wrote another two! And then Monday rolled around.
And suddenly my stupid brain was like, Netflix? Who wants to watch THAT while there is free time?
I had already done all my homework on Saturday. I even did all the homework I possibly could do ahead on Sunday.
There was nothing to do town and so I sat at home and wrote.
And then I finished four chapters. In. One. Day.

In the span of three days, I went from being about halfway through the draft to 3/4 of the way through the draft.
And I went from thinking that I would finish the last week of September (or potentially the first week of October) to thinking it would be done by the end of the first week of September.

Once I reached the halfway point, I also sent out the draft to alpha readers!

I quickly made it to Chapter 20, just five pages shy of the end!
And then...

I died. 

I was hit with the one-two punch of a bad cold and midterms. 

Ah. Midterms. 
*hisses*

But then I returned! 
AND I AM, INDEED, DONE BY THE END OF SEPTEMBER! 




Favorite Snippet! 

 I wrote so much this month, I decided to go ahead and give you TWO snippets!


 

Perhaps it would be best to go with the most direct approach. So after they’d both sat down and bread, jam, pastries, and tea had been brought out, she cleared her throat and called down the long table, “Husband. I think your castle is enchanted.”


                                                                  . . .



“Don’t even speak of it.” The king said quickly as he hunched his shoulders and looked around the room.

“Very well then!” Rania said after a pause. “Can you pass me the jam?”

“What? You’re not…”

“Going to speak about it anyway? You just said not to speak of it. Do I look like a fool?”
The king just stared at her.
“The jam, please. It’s by your elbow.”
And so the conversation ended.
 



And that's it for September! My plans for next month include: 


Not dying from colds

And all my alphas are supposed to get back to me by the end of Oct so that'll be CRAZY! Because once they do...I'll have to start sifting through all the feedback and planning the revision/rewrite! 
But I won't be able to do that until the very end of October or possibly November. I probably could take a break, but I also know that if I don't write for over a month I will suddenly forget how to write and it'll all just be a huge mess. 

So maybe I'll plot a brand new novel for funsies?


So how was your September? Any great plans for October? Which of the snippets do you like better? 

-MK



Comments

  1. Ah! Thank you for reminding me of that due date....

    And is it time for wrap-ups already??? *groans*

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your snippets, I'm taking it that you like jam ;)
    Looks like it was a good month!

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBH who DOESN'T like jam? Lol
      It was a good month! Well, except for the sleep deprivation and midterms ;)

      Delete
  3. Jams!! Date jams, figs jams, ooh and seedless jams!!! And tiny spoons!! lol i had to :p

    I really really need to 100 Days of Sunlight now. Everyone is screaming at me about and i need to listen to them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know how they make spoons that tiny!

      YESSS! YOU NEED TO READ IT RIGHT NOW!!!

      Delete
    2. *Goes to get...some bread*
      (For the jams)

      Delete
  4. I adore those snippets! XD
    Love that he's just like don't mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing your book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Husband, I think your castle is enchanted." Sounds like an AMAZING first-line for a book, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I wish I had a way to start the book with this line, but there are way to many things that have to happen before this stage...

      OR ARE THERE?

      *starts rethinking the plot and pacing of my entire novel*

      Delete
  7. Love the snippets, I need this book in my life!!
    I didn't write or read a lot this month. I'm in a slump or something....
    So glad you got your story complete!

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, with any luck, you will someday have this book in your life ;)
      Oh that stinks. I honestly don't know how I got anything done considering how crazy my month was school wise!

      Delete
  8. SOOO glad you read and loved 100 DOS!! It's such a fabulous book and asdfghjkl I am still slightly obsessed. *shrugs* XD

    That's so great about your writing...your snippets are really intriguing! Have a lovely October <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM ALSO SLIGHTLY OBSESSED WITH A HUNDRED DAYS OF SUNLIGHT!!!

      Thank you! I hope you have a lovely Oct too!

      Delete

Post a Comment