And Another One Gone // August Recap




Blog Things:


 This months posts: 


Camp NaNo July // Lots of Snippets
Voted Most Likely Tag ft. ALL THE GIFS
Liebster Award   
The Taylor Swift Book Tag

Palace Gossip: Ft Nawa, Kali, & Deliah



Book Things:

I've read two books this month.
TWO

Rumplestiltskin by KM Shea and We Hunt The Flame by Hafsah Faizal

Monthly Book Suggestion! 

Rumplestiltskin by KM Shea.  
I've read a handful books from KM Shea's Timeless Fairy Tale series, so I knew I would like it. I didn't just like it. I was gleefully screaming at it. The bickering between the main ship. Gemma's behavior to everyone around her. HER BEST FRIEND? Pricker patch? EVERYTHING. 
AND THE ENDING.
AND THE LAST PINCH POINT
AND THE MIDDLE
ALSO THE BEGINNING. 
AND DID I MENTION THE ENDING?




Writing Things:


I actually wrote a lot! I've been revising an old novel (which meant sending a horrible and really old draft out to my poor alpha readers, who may need to bleach their eyes now.) 
And I plotted a new novel in July while I was on vacation and I started writing the first draft! 
I actually made it to the halfway point on the new project before school destroys my life again and I started using a writing/time management techniqe that I stole from Melissa @ Quill Pen Writer. (Here is the link
Everyday since I moved into my new apartment, I've set aside one hour (2200-2300) to write. And it works AMAZINGLY!


Favorite Snippet! 

"He had forfeited his right to pillows."



Other Things:

I watched Green Gable Fables after seeing Lia's post (HERE.) I love it!
And yes. By "watched" I mean that I binged the entire series in a very very short time.

Random Things about Green Gable Fables:

GILBERT PLAYS HOCKEY.
Mathew is amazing.
All the characters are great!
The episode on how NOT to flirt.
The modern twist on things was awesome!



 And I went back to college! Woot woot! There goes my social life!

Wait what? I'm a writer and dont have a social life?

...

Huh.




So how has your month been? Read any good books? Write any good books? 
MK


Comments

  1. I love that snippet!
    And I watched Green Gable Fables after reading her post as well XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Lol. I wonder how many other people watched it after reading her post

      Delete
  2. Your snippets are always amazing and make me laugh!
    I need to read this Rumpelstiltskin book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally do! It’s really well done!

      Delete
    2. Rumpelstiltskin! Oh and another KM Shea book, Cinderella and the Colonel is also really good

      Delete
  3. Hehe, well I read two books this month as well. *hides in shame* Oooh, great job, writing! I LOVE the snippet.

    Hope you have a fantastic September! <3 <3 ,3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you have a great September too!

      Delete
  4. I only read one book this month... Well I might get one more done before it is for sure over....
    Have a lovely September!!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally have a bad habit (ok so its not actually BAD) of publishing my end of month recap and then reading a zillion books before the actual end of the month

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun snippet! You read more than me haha!
    And I need to watch those episodes ...

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're SO good. I had read the second and third Green Gables book before I watched the second season, but it had been so long that I'd basically forgotten everything, lol.

      Delete
  7. I need to read K.M. Shea! And I feel you on the back-to-school overwhelm. ;P WE GOT THIIIIIIS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *suddenly feels super motivated to DO THE SCHOOL AND NOT BE OVERWHELMED!!!*

      KM Shea's books are so good and I kinda regret putting off reading them for so long, lol

      Delete
  8. Yayyyy I'm so glad my technique worked for you! *high fives* And I'm in love with that snippet. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't thank you enough for posting that technique. I went from writing at random times and days scattered about the week to writing everyday and I've doubled the amount I wrote since I gave the technique a try!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  9. I've read some AMAZING BOOKS like Resurgence by K.A. Emmons which comes out this Sunday. 😱😱😱

    Also, love this recap. Sounds like you've been busy. I like to use Abbie's writing method of 25 minutes writing 5 minute break. Helps me focus. xD

    Hope your September is as awesome as you, though that's a high bar to reach. <3 <3 <3

    Brooke@ Chasing Dragonflies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAH. I'M STILL TRYING TO FIND A COPY OF BLOOD RACE. I should probably just accept that I won't be able to get a copy from the library or from a friend and just buy it...
      I've been SO busy! I use that technique for studying! I think it's called the Pomodoro technique?
      Lol, thanks! I'm guessing my September will be as good as I am, since I'll be the one living it. But I hope its as good as you, with that extra dash of MAGIC
      :D

      Delete

Post a Comment