And He's Watchin' Us all with the Eye of the Tiger // End of 2020

 

Whoo. 

What a year, what a year

 


 


 All monthly recaps: 

January: Risin Up, Back on the Street

February: Did My Time, Took My Chances

March: Went the Distance Now I'm Back on My Feet

April: Just a Man and His Will to Survive

May: Risin Up, Straight to the Top

June: Had the Guts, Had the Glory

July: HIATUS 

August: Went the Distance Now I'm Not Going to Stop

September: Just a Man And His Will to Survive

October: It's the Eye of the Tiger, It's the Cream of the Fight

November: Rising Up to the Challenge of Our Rivals

December: The Last Known Survivor Stalks His Prey In the Night

 

 

 


Overall synopsis:

I won NaNoWriMo! 

I did a rewrite of my project The Hedgehog King

I worked on various first and second drafts of other projects


 

Writing Goals: 

LOL. They're almost all aimed at my project The Hedgehog King... which I was getting stuck on so I took a break from writing and primarily worked on research and brainstorming. So I finished one re-write, but it needs another so it is both a Yes and a No

 

  • Finish the Second Draft/Rewrite of THK
    Technically, I did a re-write and completely went through the draft... However, it felt a bit flat so it needs some more plot drama and some more character development. So I'm going to go through it AGAIN. I wouldn't really consider it a new draft and rather a continuation of the first re-write...So technically yes! But also no!
      
  • The First Edit / Third Draft of THK
     
  • Get that version of THK to my alpha reader "Alshain"
      
  • Send THK out to Betas!
      
  • Draft another novel!

  • Write query letters 
       
  • QUERY AGENTS

 

 

 


Best Books of 2020

 

Book Review Highlights

Scorpio Races

Don't Date Rosa Santos

Throwback Book Review: I'd Tell You That I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

 

2020 TBR and Book Goal Progress  

 

  • Reading Challenge: 100 Books
     
  • Read 5 New Non-Fiction Books
     
  • Read 5 Books from my TBR that WEREN'T published in 2019 or 2020

  • Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim
  • The King's Questioner by Nikki Katz
  • How to Speak Boy by Tiana Smith 
  • Every Other Weekend by Abigail Johnson
  • Rogue Princess by B.R. Myers
  •  Dark and Deepest Red by Anna-Marie McLemore
  • Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
  • Harley in the Sky by Akemi Dawn Bowman
  • Don't Call the Wolf by Aleksandra Ross
  • The Stars We Steal by Alexa Donne
  • Off Script by Kate Watson
  • What I Like About You by Marissa Kanter
  •  Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
  • The Hidden Needle by Carrie Mesrobian
  • The Poppy and the Rose by Ashlee Cowles
  • Twin Daggers by Marcykate Connolly
  • The Knockout by S.A. Patel
  • Rent a Boyfriend by Gloria Chao 
  • The Summer I Learned Chinese by Lindsay Wong
  • House of Dragons by Jessica Cluess 
  • Hummingbird by Tiffany Rosenhan
  • The Con Code by Shana Silver
  • Forest of Souls by Lori M Lee
  • The Paper Girls of Paris by Jordan Taylor
  • By The Book: A Novel of Prose and Cons by Amanda Sellet
  • Chasing Lucky by Jenn Bennet
  • Every Reason We Shouldn't by Sara Fujimura
  • Only Love Can Break Your Heart by Katherine Webber
  • Finding Mr. Better-Than-You by Shani Petroff
  • Ashlords by Scott Reintgen
  • The Upside of Falling by Alex Light

 



Well, I did a lot this year...

Were the books I read off the list of 2020 releases? No. But I DID still whittled down my overall TBR. (Like, a terrifying amount. I might read all the books that have been on there for more than a year.)

Did I complete by overly focused writing goals? No. 

But did I write and did I win NaNoWriMo? Yeah

*shrugs* 


For as crazy as this year has been, it hasn't been half bad. 

How was your 2020?

 

MK




Comments

  1. The Scorpio Races miiiiiiiight just be the best book I read all year lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when its a re-read its among the best books I read each year :P

      Delete
  2. I only read like maybe 15 books, so good job on a solid 100.
    Also winning Nano is an amazing accomplishment, especially considering your in college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I honestly don't know how I managed it, but for some reason it was easier this year than it normally is which is CRAZY considering my course load...

      Delete

Post a Comment